- 28 guest reviews
"Lovely little hotel. Extremely clean room. Can highly recommend the afternoon tea...."
"Room was clean, well presented and the bed was very comfortable. Food was delicious and the staff in both the hotel and restaurant were extr..."
"Very welcoming from the moment we arrived to the time we left. I loved the bar with open log fire... just right for a pre-dinner drink...."
"I took my girlfriend for her birthday . When we arrived we was greeted by a lady who was very helpful and polite. The room was clean, very w..."
About the hotel
The Red Lion located on the edge of the Peak District is a modern, 27 boutique style hotel boasting stylish rooms with King Size beds, heated bathrooms, double ended baths, LED TVs and picturesque countryside views. Its award winning 16th-century pub serves fresh, local produce, served amongst open fires. With free Wi-Fi and sleek, modern bathrooms with large rain showers, each room includes king-size beds.
Some rooms provide beautiful glass balconies overlooking the lake, or double-ended baths. Free parking is also available on site. The Red Lion Pub and Bistro which has been awarded the Derbyshire Gastro Pub of the Year Award for 2011 & 2012, serves freshly prepared Full English breakfasts each morning, along with a wide continental selection. Menus change regularly, with daily specials, fresh fish, and home-grown vegetables. The cosy, relaxing bar offers comfy sofas, open log fires and local ales. The beautiful scenery of The Peak District, with its many walking and cycling trails, is less than a few minutes’ drive away. Chesterfield is just 10 minutes’ drive away, while Sheffield can be reached in 30 minutes by car. All major road networks are only a few miles away.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:30 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
93% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely little hotel.
Extremely clean room. Can highly recommend the afternoon tea.