- Very Good
- 17 guest reviews
"We received a call from the hotel to see if everything was ok as we were arriving quite late...they were very polite and friendly. On arrivi..."
"My partner and I were made to feel very welcome right from the start of our stay. Due to an oversight on my part we were booked into a twin..."
"Characterful 18th century building, good room with period features, nice bar and restaurant. Good location for exploring Maidstone and a sho..."
"Large room with adequate facilities, decor a little tired but perfectly acceptable. Excellent central location. Staff very welcoming and hel..."
"Enjoyed the stay and breakfast lots of choice. Very large room light and airy feel. Plenty of milk for teas and coffee. Pleasant area and sh..."
About the hotel
Built in 1797 to house the officers’ quarters of the Invicta Barracks, this distinctive lodge is one of the most welcoming hotels in Maidstone. Rather than repelling Napoleonic troops it now serves as relaxing budget accommodation for short breaks and business travel, and is ideally placed for exploring Kent or nearby towns like Chatham and East Malling. The colonial-style building offers 12 comfy rooms and a cosy pub, where you can unwind with a pint of cask ale and some freshly cooked, seasonally inspired food.
Maidstone is Kent’s business heart, but there’s plenty to see and do besides attending an event at the East Malling Conference Centre. It’s best known as home to the beautiful Leeds Castle, with its 500 acres of scenic parkland and popular golf course, but you could also enjoy the town’s theatres, bars or busy shopping centre. Or you could explore the area via water, taking a canoe along the River Medway or a more leisurely boat trip on the Allington Belle or Kentish Lady.
Showing Tuesday 26 May 2015 to Wednesday 27 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 24/12/2015 to 25/12/2015 - Check in times are restricted to between Noon and 5pm on Christmas Day. In addition the pub may be closed from mid afternoon on the 25th. Please refer to the individual pub/lodge for exact timings. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
94% would recommend it to a friend
Late night call
We received a call from the hotel to see if everything was ok as we were arriving quite late...they were very polite and friendly.
On arriving, the guy at the desk was lovely. Our room was very comfortable and the bed was great x
Bit of a noisy night
Ok for a night but too much traffic noise for it to be really comfortable.
Secondary glazing would improve things. Also poor was the shower which badly needed descaling as the flow was very poor. However this was just as well as the shower tray barely drained any water away. Poor maintenance and noise really let this place down.