- Very Good
- 74 guest reviews
"Very friendly and helpful staff. Just a few minutes walk from the splendid Gun-wharf Quays complex which has many restaurants. We were cycli..."
"Very welcoming staff, room lovely & clean nicely decorated. Food delicious and nicely presented. Will definitely be recommending The royal m..."
"I wasn't expecting this accommodation to be very good as I selected it on price and it was far cheaper than anything else in the area. I was..."
"Very nice place for a one night stay (the room was perhaps a bit small for longer period), perfectly located and great service. Breakfast wa..."
"Friendly reception and comfortable room...."
About the hotel
Just a few hundred metres from Gunwharf Quays and Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, the hotel offers free Wi-Fi, comfortable en suite rooms. The Royal Maritime Club has a superb location, just a short walk from Portsmouth Harbour Railway Station, the Spinnaker Tower and the shops, bars and restaurants of the Gunwharf Quays waterfront development. You can also explore Portsmouth’s rich naval history, with the Mary Rose, HMS Victory and HMS Warrior just a few minutes’ walk away.
All of the well-appointed en suite rooms have TVs and tea/coffee making facilities. Double and twin rooms have baths and showers. All guests can use the hotel’s leisure facilities (some facilities are chargeable and time restrictions apply). The hotel also offers a lunchtime cafe and a newly refurbished bar and restaurant.
Please note that on-site parking is limited, and is on a first-come, first-served basis. Parking cannot be reserved. On street parking is available around the hotel (JA or JD zones) using council scratch cards available at reception (£2. 50 for 24 hours). The historic dockyard car park is directly opposite the hotel. This is subject to availability, and hotel guests have a reduced rate (conditions apply).
Guests are advised that from time to time functions take place in the club. On these occasions it is possible music can be heard until midnight.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar
- Indoor Pool , Steam Rooms , Jacuzzi , Snooker/Billiards
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
Very friendly and helpful staff.
Just a few minutes walk from the splendid Gun-wharf Quays complex which has many restaurants. We were cyclists and although they didn't seem to have a proper garage or dedicated storage space for bikes they were brought into the hotel and put in a locked luggage room. Ideal location if you are taking the train, but a little distant from the St. Malo ferry.
Limited parking, give you voucher for on-street (side street) down the road.
Room dated, old, window wouldn't shut then wouldnt open.
Some noise during the night.
Area seemed a bit dodgy!