- 8 guest reviews
"If you are walking Coast to Coast this is an excellent place to stay as the next leg of the walk starts right opposite the hotel. The owners..."
"We stayed over for one night after the Haweswater marathon. The room was much bigger than most B&Bs which was just what we needed. Shower wa..."
"excellent accommodation. good hosts...."
"We stayed over for 1 night to break up our journey heading south. We picked an excellent hotel not too far from the main road. Room was comf..."
"Our Hosts were very friendly and welcoming. And the room was clean and very comfortable..."
About the hotel
The Kings Arms Hotel offers high quality accommodation. Situated in the village of Shap in Cumbria, on the eastern edge of the Lake District, the hotel is the perfect location for exploring the fells of either the Lake District or the northern Pennines. It is convenient for the M6 as a stopover and very popular with coast to coast walkers and the sea to sea(C2C) cyclists.
Whether on holiday, business, visiting friends or just passing through. . . you are assured of a warm welcome at the Kings Arms Hotel. After a major refurbishment of the hotel in 2006, the bar and accommodation have a stylish contemporary design and offer everything needed in comfort and amenities. The Hotel has 7 bedrooms and has all the facilities needed for walkers and cyclists. There are a variety of room styles available including double, twin, single and family rooms. You will find our new rooms have comfortable beds and are well equipped with flat screen tv, tea, coffee making facilities, hairdryer, large powerful shower, complimentry toiletries and luxury towels. The bar has pool, darts and quiz machine and shows major sports on big screens including all prem plus matches. The Eden valley is famous for its food and here at the Kings Arms you can enjoy wholesome value for money evening meals, daytime snacks and of course a cooked Cumbrian breakfast all from local produce.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in public areas
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Bar , Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 16:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Friendly Pub in the centre of Shap
If you are walking Coast to Coast this is an excellent place to stay as the next leg of the walk starts right opposite the hotel.
The owners are very friendly and helpful, the room was very comfortable and we had a lovely meal on the evening and cooked breakfast the following morning.
Stay at Kings Arms
We stayed over for one night after the Haweswater marathon.
The room was much bigger than most B&Bs which was just what we needed. Shower was excellent. Room was clean. Proprietors were very welcoming. Food was basic but good and value for money. Breakfast excellent. Excellent base for east side of the lakes. Very good value for money. Would definitely stay there again.