- Very Good
- 39 guest reviews
"Very pleasant staff and owners. We were upgraded from a family room to a suit free of charge. Even though there was a house being knocked do..."
"Lovely furnishings, very comfortable. Excellent service from friendly and obliging staff...."
"Room 12. Reasonable value hotel. Wedding reception in hotel on the night of our stay, but minimal noise and no inconvenience. We were given..."
"Stayed for one night Sat 10/10 was given free upgrade. Suite was lovely well decorated exremeley clean and lovely bathroom. It was explained..."
"Reception staff and staff in general were very polite, room was clean. Our car broke down and so while searching for someway to repair our v..."
About the hotel
We are a 23 bedroom, Family Run, Victorian Era Hotel. We are situated in private grounds close to Furness Abbey on the perimeter of Barrow but approximately 5 minutes via car or bus. We have extensive private parking.
Each room is decorated individually, and all rooms have free wi-fi access, free view and compliments. we have standard and superior kingsize rooms, family and twin rooms. Our elegant, welcoming restaurant is open 18:00 to 21:00 Monday to Saturday. We pride ourselves on traditional standards of service and our reputation as being a 'home from home' for our guests.
- Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Secretary Service
- Restaurant , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 16:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
92% would recommend it to a friend
A great relaxing stay
Very pleasant staff and owners.
We were upgraded from a family room to a suit free of charge. Even though there was a house being knocked down next door, we did not hear any noise during our stay in the evening or mornings and we had the windows open for most part of our 2 night stay. Very friendly place, great sofa's and chairs in the bar area. Happy to have my 4 year old running around and catered for baby without question. Fab front garden to sit out in on a sunny evening.
The Chetwynde Hotel
Lovely furnishings, very comfortable.
Excellent service from friendly and obliging staff.