- Very Good
- 144 guest reviews
"We had a one night stay while exploring the area, and had a wonderful time! Our room was spotless, it was cozy, and the bathroom was fantast..."
"A fantastic stay. Clean new room, great value and full of atmosphere. Good food and plenty of it Highly recommended. A great experience and..."
"We called here in June to look around and agreed We'd love to stay at The Jamaica Inn, We were not disappointed in any way. We were booked i..."
"Beautiful, fairly remote location surrounded by the moorland in a stunning old building. Really really enjoyed our stay, the staff were bril..."
"I booked a night at Jamaica Inn at the last moment, it was not a lot of money at all. Therefore, perhaps we weren't expecting too much, but..."
About the hotel
Jamaica Inn hotel, Cornwall's legendary coaching house, immortalised in Daphne du Maurier's novel of the same name, has stood high on Bodmin Moor for over four centuries. We're still referred to by historians as Cornwall's most famous smuggling inn. These days we do welcome the more salubrious guest .
. . and the odd ghost! On the A30 between Launceston and Bodmin, The Jamaica Inn is full of character with beamed ceilings, open fires and real ales. Some of the traditional rooms are in the original inn and some are in the modern annex. You will find 16 well appointed bedrooms, all en - suite, with a number of romantic four poster bedrooms. From breakfast until late evening, you can enjoy an extensive range of home cooked food, with museum, gift shop and two bars on site. We are a family friendly hotel and inn and offer a children's play area and beautiful gardens that overlook Bodmin Moor. The Jamaica Inn has easy access to the Eden Project and Falmouth's National Maritime Museum. Free WIFI and Parking are available onsite, no reservation needed.
Showing Tuesday 9 February 2016 to Wednesday 10 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Children's Facilities - Outdoor , Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 16:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 09/09/2014 to 31/12/2023 - Please note: The hotel only accept dogs in the dog friendly room and there is a charge of £10 per dog per night Jamaica Inn take a full advanced payment at the time of booking. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
92% would recommend it to a friend
Excellent stay, will definitely return!
We had a one night stay while exploring the area, and had a wonderful time.
Our room was spotless, it was cozy, and the bathroom was fantastic - in particular the shower, which was new and gleaming. Dinner was delicious and the food was amazing value. Breakfast was hearty, and there was a fantastic view of the moors from the dining room. We will be back very soon!
A fantastic stay.
Clean new room, great value and full of atmosphere. Good food and plenty of it
Highly recommended. A great experience and close to main road if visiting to journey anywhere. Well done, Jamaica inn.