- Very Good
- 85 guest reviews
"Great service food was great well worth the money you have everything on site so in the evening you park the car and enjoy a great meal and..."
"This is, without doubt oneof the friendliest and welcoming places I have stayed. The rooms are exactly asseen on the website, ( I had two di..."
"Beautiful place, and easy to find (signposted off the main road). Cool, clean and comfortable room. Overlooking the front courtyard, but noi..."
"Our room was nice however the mattress was really uncomfortable and dipped at one end and gave us both bad backs. The noise from people outs..."
"We stayed in room 17..... clean, comfortable well equipped and quiet. Just perfect, I only wish we had been able to stay for 2 weeks instead..."
About the hotel
Jamaica Inn hotel, Cornwall's legendary coaching house, immortalised in Daphne du Maurier's novel of the same name, has stood high on Bodmin Moor for over four centuries. We're still referred to by historians as Cornwall's most famous smuggling inn. These days we do welcome the more salubrious guest.
. and the odd ghost! On the A30 between Launceston and Bodmin, The Jamaica Inn is full of character with beamed ceilings, open fires and real ales. Some of the traditional rooms are in the original inn and some are in the modern annex. You will find 20 well appointed bedrooms, all en-suite, with a number of romantic four poster bedrooms. Free WIFI, and Parking are available onsite, no reservation needed.
From breakfast until late evening, you can enjoy an extensive range of home cooked food, with museum, gift shop and two bars on site.
We are a family friendly hotel and inn and offer a children's play area and beautiful gardens that overlook Bodmin Moor.
The Jamaica Inn has easy access to the Eden Project and Falmouth's National Maritime Museum.
Please note our latest check-in time is 23:00. Please make arrangements if you need to arrive later.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Cots available , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room , Wake Up Call Available , Childrens Facilities - Outdoor , Pets Allowed , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Fishing , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 16:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 09/09/2014 to 31/12/2023 - Please note our latest check-in time is 23.00hrs unless a special arrangement is agreed in advance. Dogs are welcome to stay but only if booked in advance into one of our 2 ‘dog friendly’ bedrooms The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
91% would recommend it to a friend
Great service food was great well worth the money you have everything on site so in the evening you park the car and enjoy a great meal and a drink and do not have to drive it was very clean and your room is cleaned every day and staff were very polite would stay again
Two day business stay.
This is, without doubt oneof the friendliest and welcoming places I have stayed.
The rooms are exactly asseen on the website, ( I had two different rooms asmy stay was unexpectedly extended) Very clean throughout.
Bearing in mind that this is a pub restaurant the evening meal offered a range of dishes, all of generous portion, I doubt three courses could be managed by many. Breakfast was of a buffet style, allowing you to decide your portion size. The choice of cooked items was large, mushrooms, hash browns friedbread, sausages, bacon, tomatoes baked beans. Eggs were well done, but I believe you could order to your taste. Also available cereal, toast, fruit, yogurt. Tea and coffee. An excellent start to theday, as I had meetings in various sites it was good to fuel up for a baron morning. Best thing here.... Sky tv in every room and wifi connection in the room is excellent. I could send documents and emails perfectly. Mobile signal in the area is generally poor. As a lone traveller I felt relaxed here. I would use, or recommend here again. The friendliness of staff was beyond compare.
As a footnote to other travellers they do have a couple of rooms for guests who travel with pets.