- Very Good
- 70 guest reviews
"We booked for a 4 night midweek stay to relax after a stressful December. We'd stayed at Slaley Hall before a couple of times. I asked for a..."
"Good service, excellent staff and will be back.Thank you. Again thank you all for a very pleasant experience...."
"From checking in to checking out the hotel staff were on point. Our room was outstanding although feel the bathroom could have been updated...."
"Where do I start ? Cold main course and long delay with sweet course Inadequate heating in room Noisy air con System reported it to night p..."
"I stayed 2 nights with my 12 year old daughter and we both absolutely loved it. The hotel is set in beautiful grounds and is tastefully deco..."
About the hotel
An Edwardian mansion set in 1000 acres of Northumbrian countryside, Slaley Hall is crowned by a spectacular Japanese Garden and 2 championship Golf Courses. A unique location with fabulous interiors, 142 bedrooms equipped with modern facilities and fantastically comfortable beds. Slaley Hall Hotel boasts 3 restaurants; Hadrians Brasserie Exquisitely designed serving the freshest Northumberland produce.
Enjoy stunning views across the Hunting Course towards the forest. The Claret Jug Overlooking the golf course and specialises in classic, well-prepared meals. Every evening it transforms into a deluxe bistro. A relaxed friendly atmosphere with an extensive selection of beers and wines. Dukes Grill & Whiskey Snug In the classic Edwardian drawing room, you have the opportunity of A La Carte dining in a luxurious setting. The food is classic British with a local, contemporary twist. After dinner head through to the Whiskey Snug and sample from over 300 malt whiskeys. There is no cosier place to finish your wine or sip an after dinner cognac. 19th Bar & Terrace Enjoy the spectacular terrace views and meet up for a glass of wine or a beer. Light bites and meals are served all day. Slaley Spa has a wide range of treatments to enhance and fulfil your stay as well as a 20 metre tropical pool, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi and gym. We also have an extensive range of outdoor pursuits including quad biking, segways, 4x4 off road driving course, archery, clay pigeon shooting, paintballing and many more. Slaley Hall has 2 championship courses to test all golfers. Combine spectacular view of the Northumberland countryside with challenging golf. The Hunting course is a real challenge with well-placed bunkers and tricky greens whilst the Priestman has panoramic views of the Tyne Valley and is a classic course suitable for all levels of golfer. Hadrian's Wall approximately 6 miles away, Beamish Museum approximately 30 miles, Newcastle City Centre 25 miles and the Metro Centre is situated 25 miles away.
Showing Sunday 7 February 2016 to Monday 8 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Children's Facilities - Indoor , Children's Facilities - Outdoor , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite , Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Golf 18 Hole , Aerobics Studio , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Jacuzzi , Snooker/Billiards , Quad Biking , Clay Pigeon Shooting
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
83% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely relaxing stay
We booked for a 4 night midweek stay to relax after a stressful December.
We'd stayed at Slaley Hall before a couple of times. I asked for a room close to reception and other amenities as my health is not great at the minute, and we were given a beautiful room near the indoor spa entrance and just a few steps from reception. Perfect. The hotel itself is wonderful, although the pool area is starting to look a bit neglected with tiles coming off etc. Our evening meals were delicious but the breakfast was hit and miss all week, think they had a couple of different chefs working as the Tuesday morning the sausage was undercooked and the bacon was fatty and awful, so I avoided a full breakfast for the rest of the week and stuck with scrambled egg on toast, but even that was different each day. One great thing about the restaurant is they now accept Tastecards so we got all our evening meals 2-for-1. We thoroughly enjoyed every single one. I had a wonderful massage in the spa with Kayleigh, who was excellent. Don't get the milkshake in the spa bar though, it was grainy and full of sugar, eurgh. One frustrating experience turned good was with reception, I couldnt find a postbox so they said they'd make sure my mother got her birthday card on Tuesday but it never arrived. I sent an email after my return on Friday to ask about it and someone actually hand-delivered it to her on Saturday morning. Nice touch. The hotel WiFi wasn't working for most of the week and there is no mobile signal at Slaley so keeping in touch with anyone on the outside was impossible without using the room phone, just be prepared for this if you're going on business, as I had a few work jobs I needed to do on my laptop and couldn't get connected. Overall, a great stay but a few improvements could be made.
Slaley Hall - QHotels
Good service, excellent staff and will be back.Thank you.
Again thank you all for a very pleasant experience.