- Very Good
- 31 guest reviews
"The helpfulness of the staff stood out for us; whichever member of staff you met they greeted you and if you seemed unsure about where you w..."
"The room wasn't ready upon arrival and check in time stated, so had to wait 30 mins in the lobby to enter...."
"Definitely recommended, great hotel great service good facilities and walks. Staff very helpful, would stay again. Only slight negative the..."
"We booked for a 4 night midweek stay to relax after a stressful December. We'd stayed at Slaley Hall before a couple of times. I asked for a..."
"Good service, excellent staff and will be back.Thank you. Again thank you all for a very pleasant experience...."
About the hotel
An Edwardian mansion set in 1000 acres of Northumbrian countryside, Slaley Hall is crowned by a spectacular Japanese Garden and 2 championship Golf Courses. A unique location with fabulous interiors, 142 bedrooms equipped with modern facilities and fantastically comfortable beds. Each room has air conditioning and a large writing desk, all elegantly decorated and have a seating area, and many have golf course views.
Free Wi-Fi and parking is also available to our guests during their stay at Slaley Hall. Slaley Hall Hotel boasts 3 restaurants and a bar area with terrace: Hadrians Brasserie - Exquisitely designed serving the freshest Northumberland produce. Enjoy stunning views across the Hunting Course towards the forest. The Claret Jug - Overlooking the golf course and specialises in classic, well-prepared meals. Every evening it transforms into a deluxe bistro. A relaxed friendly atmosphere with an extensive selection of beers and wines. Dukes Grill & Whiskey Snug - In the classic Edwardian drawing room, you have the opportunity of A La Carte dining in a luxurious setting. The food is classic British with a local, contemporary twist. After dinner head through to the Whiskey Snug and sample from over 300 malt whiskeys. There is no cosier place to finish your wine or sip an after dinner cognac. 19th Bar & Terrace - Enjoy the spectacular terrace views and meet up for a glass of wine or a beer. Light bites and meals are served all day. Slaley Spa has a wide range of treatments to enhance and fulfil your stay as well as a 20 metre tropical pool, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi and gym. We also have an extensive range of outdoor pursuits including quad biking, segways, 4x4 off road driving course, archery, clay pigeon shooting, paint balling and many more. Slaley Hall has 2 championship courses to test all golfers. Combine spectacular view of the Northumberland countryside with challenging golf. The Hunting course is a real challenge with well-placed bunkers and tricky greens whilst the Priestman has panoramic views of the Tyne Valley and is a classic course suitable for all levels of golfer. Hadrian's Wall approximately 6 miles away, Beamish Museum approximately 30 miles, Newcastle City Centre 25 miles and the Metro Centre is situated 25 miles away. Slaley Hall is 7 miles from Hexham Station and 30 miles from Newcastle mainline Station. Newcastle Airport is 28 miles away by car.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Air conditioning in rooms , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room , 24 Hour Room Service , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange , Interconnecting rooms available , Childrens Facilities - Indoor , Childrens Facilities - Outdoor , Pets Allowed , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite , Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Golf 18 Hole , Aerobics Studio , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Jacuzzi , Snooker/Billiards , Quad Biking , Clay Pigeon Shooting , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
84% would recommend it to a friend
The helpfulness of the staff stood out for us; whichever member of staff you met they greeted you and if you seemed unsure about where you were going they did not just direct you, they took you to your destination.
The menu did not change in our 3 day stay but we found great choices with unusual twists; a black pudding caused initial dismay as there were large white pieces showing but in fact it was not lumps of fat but delicious pieces of potato in a fat free black pudding. Our only down points were reception on arrival was busy so we queued for a while and then the receptionist did not engage with us over supposed availability of paying for upgrades; breakfast was varied but the cooked eggs and bacon had been sitting there for a while so they were not fresh. However overall these were small issues in a restful and well appointed hotel.
The room wasn't ready upon arrival and check in time stated, so had to wait 30 mins in the lobby to enter.