- Very Good
- 20 guest reviews
"My Girlfriend booked the Hotel room for me at short notice, as I needed a B&B for one night, before catching the 06:50 train to Inverness th..."
"My room was in the motel outbuildings and very dated...."
"Due to boats being cancelled we booked this hotel last minute on late rooms. Got an excellent deal for motel style separate apartment with e..."
"Just stopping all night en route for Stromness ferry so just glad of warm comfortable chalet for the night...."
"We were accommodated in chalet type room which was quite old. It was comfortable but well used and could do with a modicum of TLC. It was sa..."
About the hotel
The Weigh Inn Motel is located in Thurso, a short walk to the coast. Thurso Rail Station is a 5-minute drive from on the hotel & just a 2 -minute drive from the Orkney Ferry Terminal. All rooms are separate from our main building but within the hotel grounds.
They are non star graded & benefit from en-suite bath/shower rooms, TV & Tea/Coffee making facilities. They are ideal for the budget traveler. The sport-themed Ashes Bar is located in the main building & serves lunch & evening meals. Wi-Fi is free in public areas of the main building but is not available in the rooms.
Showing Sunday 7 February 2016 to Monday 8 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Children's Facilities - Outdoor , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:30 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
95% would recommend it to a friend
I needed somewhere to crash after cycling Lands End to John O'Groats...
My Girlfriend booked the Hotel room for me at short notice, as I needed a B&B for one night, before catching the 06:50 train to Inverness the following morning.
A room in an outside block, which was small, and didn't have WiFi (only for rooms in the main Hotel). I arrived at 20:40, and was informed dinner orders finished at 21:00, so I knew to get my skates on. All staff were very friendly and attentive. I ordered fish and chips and had a choice of the plaice grilled, battered or breaded, proper chips, salad or vegetables, at a good price. Huge piece of plaice, which tasted better than I have had in a long time. I asked the Bar Manager about booking an early taxi and he offered to drive me to the train station himself, which he duly did the following morning, which I thought was beyond normal service. The room was small, though fine for two people who would be out and about. Clean, warm, hot water, comfy bed, kettle, TV - perfect for me, and stupidly good value at £35, compared to what that would get you (or not) in and around London. Thank you Weigh Inn. Darren
My room was in the motel outbuildings and very dated.