- Very Good
- 124 guest reviews
"Fast and efficient check-in by polite staff. Could have been less clinical and more welcoming. Handed form to complete and room key with dir..."
"chose this hotel for second business trip due to ease of access from A1 and quality of rooms and the swimming pool..."
"This is our fourth stay and it was the perfect short break after the chaos of the festive period. The staff were very accommodating, our roo..."
"Really lovely place to stay, only wish we'd stayed a bit longer so we could have made use of the facilities. The staff are lovely and the pl..."
"We spent a night here on the way north for a weekend in Scotland. All staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful. The food in the Stables ba..."
About the hotel
A stunning period property with Golf course and spa, set in 70 acres of its own parkland just outside the attractive market town of Darlington. Conveniently located only half a mile from the A1, the building is a 15th century manor house, originally part of the Bishop of Durham's estate. It has its own Par 73 golf course, a beautiful indoor swimming pool together with a steam room, Jacuzzi, sauna and gymnasium: It is easy to see why the Hall Garth Hotel offers every opportunity to relax and enjoy the tranquil countryside setting.
The guest rooms and suites each offer en-suite bathroom, satellite TV, Wi-Fi, hairdryer, iron and ironing board and tea and coffee making facilities with further refreshments available throughout the day or night from Room Service. The exquisite rooms range from contemporary to luxuriously traditional, each offering views over the beautiful 70 acre estate. Food and drink have always been essential pleasures for guests at a country estate. At Hall Garth Country Club, this tradition continues. Each of the restaurants has its own bar and outdoor terrace, with unique views, ideal for outdoor entertaining or just to enjoy a drink! Afternoon tea can also be enjoyed in the Lounges and, if you're making a stay of it and want a picnic hamper, then you only have to ask. The extensive leisure facilities including a nine hole, par 72 golf course, which boasts a medieval hunting lodge as a feature! The leisure club offers a beautiful indoor swimming pool together with a steam room, whirlpool, sauna, gymnasium and solarium.
Showing Monday 30 March 2015 to Tuesday 31 March 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Secretary Service, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Golf 9 Hole, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Solarium, Jacuzzi, Pitch n' Putt, Croquet
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 17/09/2013 to 31/12/2022 - Please note from Friday to Sunday there is a later check in time of 3PM. Please note Oswald’s restaurant is closed on a Sunday evening however the onsite Stable’s pub is available for evening meals The LateRooms.com rates for Hall Garth Hotel, Golf & Spa in Darlington are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
We booked two rooms for our stay, staff seemed very pleasant and helpful on arrival.
We thought the rooms could have done with a face lift as the paint was chipped in places and the bathroom was in need of a deep clean, tiles in the shower and the floor we showing signs of mould. We all thought the beds were very comfortable and the rooms were not expensive, a little on the small side for a double I thought.
Lovely hotel but has faults
Fast and efficient check-in by polite staff.
Could have been less clinical and more welcoming. Handed form to complete and room key with directions to the room. Check-out was the same, no, "Did you enjoy your stay?" just presented with the bill, paid and left. Didn't seem to be any warmth to the customer service. Having said that, it is a lovely hotel for a relaxing getaway weekend. We had Room 43 and it is a lovely large room with all the facilities you could want or need. Very clean room and a comfortable bed. Food prices are on the high side. £12.50 for a full English breakfast, for example, you could get the same meal at Morrison's Cafeteria in Darlington for £4.50. Room Service prices are extremely high. Therefore we ate out from the hotel.
Another let down, although not by any means the fault of the hotel, was a very ill mannered, inconsiderate and foul mouthed male guest who woke us up with his shouting and banging on his room door to be let in.