- 3 guest reviews
"We were welcomed warmly on arrival and this remained the case for our whole stay of 6 nights. The food was great and the breakfast menu offe..."
"A warm and engaging environment with a very helpful host in a traditional setting, highly recommended...."
"We were met by Judith who instantly made us feel very much at home by providing tea and home made cake on our arrival, set out in a very ple..."
About the hotel
First rate accommodation in a beautiful Victorian Country House. Beautiful rural location, away from the crowds. Why not escape from the pressures of life and let good company, excellent home-cooked food and fine wines and a warm and friendly atmosphere create a special holiday break for you.
Please note that evening meals should be booked 24 hours in advance. The Northern Fells and lakes are awe inspiring with much to do and many beautiful places to visit. We are less than 5 miles drive from Bassenthwaite Lake and within half an hour's drive of Keswick and Cockermouth. Pets accepted in some ground floor rooms only for a £15 extra charge per stay. Ground floor rooms are suitable for wheelchair users, for the room with a walk-in shower, please see room description below.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Video/DVD Library
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Hotel services
- Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
100% would recommend it to a friend
We were welcomed warmly on arrival and this remained the case for our whole stay of 6 nights.
The food was great and the breakfast menu offered a wide choice with beautifully prepared food. Evening meals were also excellent. One of the most enjoyable weeks we have ever had.
Stay at Woodlands
A warm and engaging environment with a very helpful host in a traditional setting, highly recommended.