- 31 guest reviews
"The breakfast alone will keep you marching up mountains all day. First class...."
"very friendly hosts and good facilities and food, we would return and recommend to friends..."
"What a gem. Will definitely stay here again. Perfect location, great room, fantastic breakfast, lovely hosts! What more can you possibly ask..."
"This is the second time we have stayed at Compstin house and it was as good as the first. The owners Sue and Jerry are extremely welcoming a..."
"The hosts sue and Jerry are very friendly and helpful, the room was newly decorated and very clean and comfortable . As for the breakfast it..."
About the hotel
Compston House is a traditional 1890's Merchant House, built of lakeland stone located only a 4 minute walk from Ambleside town centre and 1 mile from Waterhead Pier. The house now has a contemporary look and an American-twist. Each bedroom is uniquely inspired--choose Florida, Hawaii, Texas, Montana, Maine, Pennsylvania, Arizona, New York, or Wyoming!.
Free Wi-Fi and on-site parking is available. As seen on Rory McGrath's ''The Lakes'' television program, it's all about breakfast! New Yorkers Sue and Jerry offer you the choice of a full American breakfast, a full English breakfast a New York style omelette overstuffed with cheese, or eggy bread as you like it--sweet or savory! With sizzling home cured bacon and handmade Cumberland sausages from our local butcher, and creamy local free range eggs. . . just yummy. And, if you go home hungry, it's your own fault!
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 16:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 21/06/2016 to 20/06/2025 - Child-free. Sorry, we cannot accommodate children under age 16 or pets.. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Just the job
The breakfast alone will keep you marching up mountains all day.
very friendly hosts and good facilities and food, we would return and recommend to friends