- Very Good
- 3 guest reviews
"Lovely hotel in beautiful settings. Stayed in what seemed to be converted stables. A comprehensive reasonably priced bar menu was available..."
"A comfortable stay again in a well presented clean room with a lovely view of the Lorton valley...."
"Very friendly staff, excellent breakfast. Only complaint-one bed was right next to a radiator which we couldn't turn off, far too hot to sle..."
About the hotel
Situated in the picturesque Lorton Valley with stunning views over the Cumbrian Fells the Hundith Hill is a beautiful Country House Hotel. A mile and a half away from Cockermouth and set in 14 acres it is the perfect location for exploring the Northern Lake District. The perfect location for exploring the unspoilt Northern Lake District.
We are close to Cockermouth & Keswick and with views across Red Pike, Grassmoor, Swinside and Harrot, a relaxing stay is guaranteed. Renowned for being the birthplace of William Wordsworth, Cockermouth is a traditional market town with a selection of shops and attractions, including; Jennings Brewery, Wordsworth House and Fossil, Mineral, Toy and Printing museums. The popular market town of Keswick is just a short drive to the East, or head West to the beautiful Solway Coast. South of Cockermouth through the Lorton valley are three of the Lake Districts most beautiful lakes. (Buttermere, Crummock Water and Loweswater. ) All bedrooms are en suite and have the usual facilities you would expect from a country house hotel. (TV, Tea and coffee making facilities, Hair dryer, Direct dial telephones). Rooms vary from being double, twin or single and three family rooms are also available. For that special occasion there are luxury bedrooms with views over the Lorton valley and the splendid superior suite with its own private balcony overlooking our paddocks. All the rooms within the hotel are on the first and second floors. Within the courtyard at the side of the hotel we have two bedrooms specifically designed for persons with disabilities. The courtyard area also contains our superior suite and luxury bedrooms, perfect for a quiet getaway. Our comfortable dining room offers a fine selection of home cooked food prepared to your liking. The food is traditional and varied and the portions are not for the faint-hearted. Bar meals are also available every day at lunch time and in the evening.
Showing Thursday 26 November 2015 to Friday 27 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:30 hours
- 01/01/2013 to 31/12/2020 - Unfortunately we do not allow pets in any of the bedrooms. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
100% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely hotel in beautiful settings.
Stayed in what seemed to be converted stables. A comprehensive reasonably priced bar menu was available and portions were generous. Staff seemed smart and friendly but no one was on reception on arrival. Other than that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay
Good standard as usual
A comfortable stay again in a well presented clean room with a lovely view of the Lorton valley.