- Very Good
- 52 guest reviews
"I stayed in the Hobbit room for a night on Monday the 20th of June and found St. Paul's Lodge extremely pleasant and very endearing. Even th..."
"Very nice stay, lovely welcome by owner. Would recommend and use again...."
"Lovely place to stay and very peaceful because your just away from the centre of York . Walking distance to the centre is a 10 minute walk ...."
"Within easy walking distance to city centre, really friendly and helpful staff, breakfast was a delight, real value for money..."
"Hotel was excellent, the only downside to the weekend was because I had to park on the main road outside the hotel my wing mirror was vandal..."
About the hotel
A warm welcome awaits you at this Grade 2 listed building from 1839. Backing onto York's only remaining Victorian Square, in a residential area yet only a 10 minute walk into the City. Licenced bar catering for residents & non residents small functions.
(Limited availability, please check on arrival) A hearty Breakfast is served and special diets can be requested. There is a large free secure car park at the rear. Guests have access to wireless Internet free of charge. Most rooms have been refurbished with new modern en-suite's, Flat screen HDTV/DVD,all have complimentary toiletries, hospitality tray, hairdryer and iron are available at reception(no charge). Handy for York's historic attractions, railway station, racecourse and the East Coast, Yorkshire Dales etc. On a bus route. Smoking rooms are available on request. Majority of our rooms are large family and we can accept group bookings.
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Children's Facilities - Indoor
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 01/09/2009 to 31/12/2017 - PLEASE NOTE IF ARRIVING AT THE GUEST HOUSE OUTSIDE YOUR STATED TIME YOU MUST TELEPHONE AS RECEPTION IS NOT MANNED 24 HRS. THANK YOU. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
83% would recommend it to a friend
Quirky, elegant and extremely friendly.
I stayed in the Hobbit room for a night on Monday the 20th of June and found St.
Paul's Lodge extremely pleasant and very endearing. Even though I was only there for a night I was treated like a long stay guest with dressing gown, slippers et al. The hobbit room is a very fun little spot to sleep in and as a man who loves curiosities it really set the stay away from the usual big chain hotels. If you love the more unusual spots to travel this place is perfect - I definitely intend to come back. A lovely Victorian townhouse with a great character.
Very nice stay, lovely welcome by owner.
Would recommend and use again.