- Very Good
- 44 guest reviews
"The staff were accommodating and helpful...."
"We only stayed here for one night but the welcome we received was lovely. All staff were pleasant and helpful. Handy 25 minute walk into Bow..."
"Lovely break, hotel good location, friendly staff, excellent room...."
"We had a lovely stay...."
"A last minute break, booked easily using the LateRooms site. Superior room was good value - well appointed and decent size. Facilities geare..."
About the hotel
Windermere Manor Hotel is set in 3 acres of beautiful landscaped gardens and is a short walk away from the picturesque shores of Lake Windermere. Situated at the heart of the Lake District, Windermere is England's longest lake and is hugely popular with visitors. The bustling towns of Bowness, Windermere and Ambleside are all waiting for you to explore.
The more adventurous guest can enjoy a variety of water-based activities including water skiing, sailing,swimming or even a leisurely cruise. The hotel prides itself on its accessibility features that are particularly suited to the needs of visually impaired people. We welcome good natured pet dogs and assistance dogs and the hotel is the perfect point from which to start your Lakeland adventure with your dog*. Somerooms have been adapted to suit the needs of wheelchair users. In July 2011 we opened Bradbury House, adjacent to the hotel, featuring seven new fabulous rooms including five Garden Rooms; each with it's own patio opening out onto the gardens. Bed and room configurations in the annexe are fully flexible and are ideal for larger families and groups. The main hotel, a former Victorian retreat, has 28 well appointed and comfortable bedrooms. Many are suitable for families; all are en suite with tea and coffee making facilities and colour televisions. Many rooms have attractive balconies from which guests can enjoy the sunshine and stunning views across the lake to the Langdale Pikes and the mountains beyond. Guests can relax in the indoor heated pool or take pleasure wandering through the scent-filled grounds. Meals are all freshly prepared to a high standard with an emphasis on quality local ingredients and relaxed dining, and are served in the Conservatory or in the dining room which was formerly a chapel. Free Wi-Fi is offered in our public areas, this is available via BT Openzone throughout the hotel. However due to the style of the building, some rooms have limited access Pets are allowed on request. A £5 charge per pet, per night applies. *Only assistance dogs are allowed in the Restaurant of the Hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Bar
- Indoor Pool , Sauna
- In room entertainment
- TV , CD Player , [Channels] News , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 16:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 30/05/2016 to 01/04/2020 - Please note this hotel has no luggage storage facilities . The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
82% would recommend it to a friend
Windermere Manor Hotel
The staff were accommodating and helpful.
On choosing the hotel it all looked very nice on the website, however whenever you walk through the reception door things are not quite what you expected.
Definite smell of dog, the reception area was very tired looking and carpets well worn this continued up the staircase to 1 floor landing. Handle of room 10 door didn't work properly and the balustrade had been damaged this only had tape wrapped round. The room itself was ok however had a very musty smell as if there had been a flood at sometime in the room. The room had not been hoovered properly fluff, pencil sharpenings and a few small stones were evident. The toilet seat was certainly not cleaned properly, stains round seat and hinges.
The breakfast was a plus, plenty choice and cooked breakfast was hot. Staff were very nice and helpful, but we certainly would not return, which is unfortunate as this could be a beautiful hotel if they would spend money on in upgrading it bringing in to 20th century.