- Very Good
- 25 guest reviews
"Lovely place to stay . I will definitely be going back ...."
"Great hotel, great staff, great breakfast...."
"Lovely hotel the staff were excellent , its pet friendly which you don't find out until you get there. Not a fan of pets in rooms. Restauran..."
"Staff were very nice. Hotel in lovely location, very quiet. If they want to keep the lake views will need to do some tree/shrub pruning, sam..."
"Stayed for a short break, very convenient location (providing you're in a car) to base yourself for exploring the northern lakes. Good value..."
About the hotel
Discover the beautiful tranquility of the lake district in this wonderfully appointed hotel. With fantastic views over Derwentwater, this hotel is a must for those looking for a short weekend break or a longer relaxing stay. Why not sit back and savor the breathtaking views from our Conservatory Bar or try dinner in our Dear's Leap Restaurant with delicious dishes suited to every palette.
The vibrant town of Keswick is a short 20 minute walk from the hotel with a number of shops, bars and restaurants. For those keen on walking, there are several fells within a short distance from the hotel with spectacular views over the lakes. Our guests can now also enjoy access to Oxley's Spa at Underscar, just a short drive from the Hotel - with a Indoor Swimming Pool, Sauna, Jacuzzi, Steam Room and small Gym this is perfect after a long day walking (for over 16's only). Please note that our lift is currently out of order, a repair is being planned but this is not anticipated for some time. Therefore if you are disabled, or struggle with stairs please contact us prior to making your reservation for assistance on whether the hotel has suitable accommodation for your needs.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Children's Facilities - Outdoor , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Meeting Facilities
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
68% would recommend it to a friend
The hotel was 'tired' to put it politely.
The décor was scuffed in many places throughout the hotel, many of the chairs in the conservatory were stained, a good number of the double-glazed units had failed and the bathroom tiles had mould stained grout, a badly fitted shower screen and a leaking shower. At breakfast the sausages, bacon and hash browns were undercooked. We overheard people sending their undercooked food back on more than one occasion. The wifi connection was intermittent and on our last day, non-existent. The staff we dealt with were all extremely friendly, helpful and polite.
dated and down at heel.
Hotel in desperate need of an upgrade.
Basin cracked,mouldy shower screen. The position of the toilet you had to sit side on. Wallpaper falling off in bedroom and dining room. The breakfast was undercooked. I don't mind staying in budget hotels but expect budget prices . I have e mailed shearings asking for a refund but not expecting a reply .