- 25 guest reviews
"As we expected everything was perfect with our stay-friendly/helpful hosts, beautiful room and lovely breakfast. A car is essential as it sa..."
"Wouldn't fault anything. Wonderful hosts. Excellent accommodation. The most delicious breakfast every day. We had two evening meals which we..."
"Beautiful accommodation and fabulous food. Every need is catered for and more. Cannot recommend highly enough. Food is to die for and plenti..."
"Great customer service, always at hand for any queries. Fantastic room with a great upstairs and lounging area. Definitely will return...."
"You always get a warm welcome from Margaret and Jack and their family at Bessiestown. Our room was lovely, high tea an experience to be savo..."
About the hotel
This multi award winning, 5 Star Gold, Country Guest House is situated in a magnificent rural setting in the heart of the Debatable Lands, just north of Carlisle, midway between Gretna Green and Hadrian’s Wall Country. Within driving distance to the Lake District or an ideal stop off point for those traveling to or from Scotland. Here a warm, light hearted welcome awaits its guests to peace and quiet, beautiful public rooms, pretty ensuite bedrooms and delicious home cooking, using local ingredients and traditional recipes.
**Own Transport is essential**
Showing Wednesday 7 October 2015 to Thursday 8 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Interconnecting rooms available
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 16:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
100% would recommend it to a friend
In the Borders
As we expected everything was perfect with our stay-friendly/helpful hosts, beautiful room and lovely breakfast.
A car is essential as it says on the website but the Guest House is situated in beautiful countryside and very peaceful and quiet. Thank You.
Wouldn't fault anything.
Wonderful hosts. Excellent accommodation. The most delicious breakfast every day. We had two evening meals which were delicious and better than anywhere else we found. Thank you.