- Very Good
- 39 guest reviews
"Single room used ... very small with hardly space to dry my umbrella (Wet evening). Decor dated and the bathroom was smelly. No double glazi..."
"Most enjoyable stay. We extended our visit by staying another night...."
"Lovely hotel. Staff very friendly. Room very clean and comfortable. Excellent location. Enjoyed a drink in the bar and breakfast very nice...."
"Easy to find with sat nav supposed to be 15mins walk we think abit more than that 25 to 35 mins to town centre but it has bus stop right out..."
"The communal areas are nice, but you don't stay in those. The wifi signal barely reaches the communal areas as stated so barely usable. The..."
About the hotel
Located in a conservation area adjacent to the ancient Royal Approach to the historic city centre, The Newington Hotel overlooks The York Racecourse sited on public parkland known as The Knavesmire Common. Formerly a row of Georgian Townhouses The Newington dates back to the early 1900’s. This two star, family owned hotel prides itself on friendly, personal service and aims to ensure that all our guests feel welcome and at home, whether enjoying a city break with family and friends or staying overnight on business.
The convenient location, combined with the hotels scenic setting is ideal for exploring York and the surrounding area. The railway station and most major attractions are within walking distance. The University and other business areas are easily accessible. Public transport runs a regular service to the city centre from the hotel. The full range of facilities include FREE guest parking, indoor heated swimming pool, sauna (charged @ £5 per session), Restaurant serving Modern English cuisine, and comfortable bar and lounge areas.
Showing Monday 2 May 2016 to Tuesday 3 May 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Indoor Pool , Sauna
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Ground floor bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:30 hours
- 02/09/2014 to 03/09/2019 - Early Check in/ Late Check out charges apply as per hotel website tariff page. Please view to ensure terms and conditions are understood. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
79% would recommend it to a friend
Single room used ...
very small with hardly space to dry my umbrella (Wet evening). Decor dated and the bathroom was smelly. No double glazing so the road noise became apparent when I turned in for the night. Only redeeming feature - a good breakfast.
Most enjoyable stay.
We extended our visit by staying another night.