- Very Good
- 31 guest reviews
"Fabulous quirky hotel. Excellent staff. Would recommend highly to anyone wanting a place that's a bit different...."
"We had a garden room (Le Jardin) in a single storey extension to the rear of the main building with a hot tub on a terrace overlooking Durha..."
"The hotel itself is very quirky and a lovely place staff there from recetionist to dining room staff were all lovely and attentive the food..."
"My partner and I have recently returned from an excellent stay at the Gadds Town House and would highly recommend it. There are a few 'niggl..."
"Excellent night away at the gadds town house highly recommend food was 5* staff where friendly could not of asked more rooms where great...."
About the hotel
Gadd's Town House is centrally located on Old Elvet. The Cathedral, Castle and shops are within walking distance. Its special ambiance and the tastefully designed interiors will guarantee a memorable stay in the city.
With just 11 rooms stacked neatly into this 18th century town house,3 in the garden with private hot tubs, 7 in the main house are individually designed. The bedrooms exude opulence making them the most indulgent and romantic in the city. In addition to the dramatic bedrooms there is a destination restaurant and cocktail bar(please note that the restaurant is closed on a Sunday evening)
Showing Monday 25 May 2015 to Tuesday 26 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Smoking allowed in public areas
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Children's Facilities - Indoor
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar
- Sauna, Steam Rooms, Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- Ground floor bedrooms, Public Air Conditioning
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 15/10/2008 to 27/01/2012 - Please be aware only on street parking is available – Charged at £1.00 per hour Mon – Sat between 08.00 – 18.00. All reservation payments made are non refundable or transferable. The LateRooms.com rates for Gadds Town House in Durham are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
97% would recommend it to a friend
Gadds Town House
Fabulous quirky hotel.
Excellent staff. Would recommend highly to anyone wanting a place that's a bit different.
We had a garden room (Le Jardin) in a single storey extension to the rear of the main building with a hot tub on a terrace overlooking Durham sports fields to the rear.
This room was well furnished with deep pile carpet rich upholstery and decorations and the bathroom had a roll top bath and walk-in shower. this is a very private attractive room. We had thought of trying a local restaurant and were pleased we didn't as the hotel restaurant served fantastic food. Service was cheerful and excellent. I have stayed in a number of boutique hotels in the north of England (especially targeting those with hot tubs) and this was one of the best.