- 29 guest reviews
"What a great place this is to stay. Staff were so helpful, rooms were amazing and the food was great! I will be back for sure. Thanks!..."
"In Glasgow for my daughters graduation and picked this Guest house for location and previous reviews . We were certainly not let down. We w..."
"Good stay but room was too small and shared bathroom...."
"Really lovely guest house. Beautiful building in a relatively central location. Family atmosphere was so refreshing for a hotel. Breakfast w..."
"Arrived to a very friendly family welcome - greeted as if an old friend. Could not have been more helpful offering to get a taxi etc. Attent..."
About the hotel
PLEASE NOTE; CHECK-IN IS BETWEEN 10am - 9pm (all rooms guaranteed ready by 2pm). EARLIER or LATER CHECK-INS TO BE ARRANGED PRIOR TO BOOKING/ ARRIVAL. Once checked in, you get your room key and front door key and can come and go as you please.
The Alamo is a friendly family run Guest House, which overlooks Glasgow’s Kelvingrove Park with views of Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum, as well as Glasgow University. This elegant 1870 Victorian building is within easy walking distance (3 - 20minutes) of the main 3 areas of Glasgow; The City Centre (The Maclellan Gallery, Rennie Mackintosh's Glasgow School of Art, Willow Tea Rooms, Modern Art Gallery, George Square, the Lighthouse, Theatres etc. ); The West End (Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Glasgow University, Hunterian Museum & Gallery, Mackintosh House, Kelvin Hall, Museum of Transport, Botanical Gardens, Byres Road, Ashton Lane etc. ); Riverside (Science Centre, IMAX Cinema, the S. E. C. C. etc. ). Also within 2 minutes walk are some of the best restaurants, bars, cafes and pubs in Glasgow. We are only ten miles from Glasgow’s International Airport (20 minutes by car). Kelvin Hall and Kelvin Bridge underground stations are 5-10 minutes walk away and Central & Queen Street Stations only 5 minutes by taxi. All local buses, to almost all of Glasgow, as well as the Glasgow Tour Bus are 2 minutes away. Day trips touring the West Coast, Highlands, Loch Lomond, The Trossachs and The Clyde Valley are all within easy reach.
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Children's Facilities - Indoor , Children's Facilities - Outdoor , Cots available
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- In room entertainment
- TV , Video/DVD Player , Video/DVD Library , CD Player , CD Library , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Foreign (Other) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Croquet , Bowls , Tennis Courts
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
93% would recommend it to a friend
Fabulous value for money
What a great place this is to stay.
Staff were so helpful, rooms were amazing and the food was great. I will be back for sure. Thanks!
A Hidden Gem
In Glasgow for my daughters graduation and picked this Guest house for location and previous reviews .
We were certainly not let down.
We were made very welcome by Steve and his family. The room was well appointed with a huge "Comfy" bed !. Great nights sleep !. Everything you could think of for breakfast , cereals, yoghurts, croissants and of course a beautiful cooked breakfast !. Definitely worth a visit away from your boring chain hotels!!