- Very Good
- 60 guest reviews
"Very nice hotel. Room was spacious and with all the commodities. The staff very friendly and helpful. Easy to find and at excellent location..."
"Nice hotel, very friendly staff, good Thai restaurant on premises...."
"Room good value, nice and clean although standard of decor could be better. Rough plaster patch on wall, bathroom door hung upside down, chi..."
"Lovely place to stay. Will return...."
"An extremely well-run hotel and very friendly. The staff were happy and keen to please. I highly recommend the place. The only gripe' I had..."
About the hotel
For whatever reason you have chosen to visit the North East, you will find that the Highfield Hotel is ideally situated for all amenities. As a base for your holiday you will be within an easy drive to the North Pennines, Hadrian's wall, Northumberland and the borders. To the east lie many coastal resorts and sailing facilities.
The ancient city of Durham with its Cathedral, Castle and market are just minutes to the south. For shopping you will be spoiled for choice. The world famous Metro Centre and Eldon Square are within 20 minutes drive and you will find the city of Durham and Sunderland a shoppers paradise. Our well appointed Star of Siam authentic Thai restaurant is the longest established Thai restaurant in the North East It caters for 195 persons giving them magnificent views of Penshaw Monument and surrounding valley. We are open seven days a week,serving lunch and dinners . Whether it's a simple business lunch for two or that special occasion, our menus will suit all. Six of our rooms have balcony's with views of Penshaw monument and surrounding valleys. Most of our rooms have free wi-fi connectivity, which is also available in the bar. which is ideal for that quiet meeting where coffee or snacks can be arranged.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
82% would recommend it to a friend
Great hotel at very good price
Very nice hotel.
Room was spacious and with all the commodities. The staff very friendly and helpful. Easy to find and at excellent location.
Solo business traveller
As someone who stays in hotels 4/5 nights a week all over the UK, the Highfield really didn't deliver what I'd expect from £75 for a nights B&B in the North East.
On arrival I had to wait a while for the person serving in the bar to finish their task before checking me in, this was the same for check-out. My room was on the second floor, very spacious. The hand towels are presented on the bed along with soap and individual sachets of shower gel and shampoo. This is a new one on me, which was quite frustrating when, like many people, the first thing I do when entering a hotel room after a long drive is go to the loo, then have to go on a hunt for the soap and hand towel. The bed itself was very uncomfortable with individual springs digging into me. Be aware of road noise if you book this hotel, there is a busy dual carriage-way to the rear and the windows aren't noise-proofed. I had to leave before 7am so didn't get to try the breakfast. Overall I wouldn't stay here again, I'd go to the nearest Premier Inn with a comfortable bed and a smaller bill.