Found the same room at a different price? Tell us, and we'll offer to match it.
A&O Berlin Mitte
Not far from the remaining part of the “Berliner Mauer” (The Wall) and Alexanderplatz is A&O Hostel Mitte, central, cheap and situated directly between the TV Tower and the local train station Ostbahnhof and U- Bahn station Henrich- Heine- Straße. In the heart of Berlin and within walking distance is the river Spree and many restaurants, pubs, clubs.
2. What A&O Hostel Mitte has to offer:
-24hr Reception (check in from 3.00pm and check out at 10.00am, check out at 11.00am at weekends)
- friendly and multilingual staff.
- daily room cleaning
- credit cards accepted Visa and Mastercard (+2.95 Euro systemcharge), EC/ maestro
- internet terminals (1Euro/ 20min)
- WiFi (5 Euro/ 24hr)
- IP Telefone
- billiard table, video games and table football
- beer garden (in summer)
- free luggage room
- free house safe
- free daily newspaper
- breakfast buffet: from 6- 10am (7- 11am at weekends)
- bicycle rental
- TV room
- ticket sales
- karaoke evenings on Wednesdays
- Late check-out until 2 p.m. (7.50 euros per room)
The 2- star house has both hotel and hostel rooms. All rooms are light, have modern furnishings and are fitted with a shower, WC and television. You will also find a hairdryer in each room. For individual and business travellers we offer single or double hotel rooms. Likewise we also offer family rooms which sleep two adults and two children. With more than 50 mutli- bed rooms is the A&O Hostel Mitte a first class over night stay for groups as well as individual travellers. All rooms have modern furnishings, equipped with a shower, WC and TV.
In our lobby we have internet terminals, a souvenir and necessity shop for your convenience. We have a cosy bar where you can relax. In each house and also in all rooms, it is possible to surf the net with our WiFi connection. Our friendly and multilingual reception personnel are on duty 24hrs a day should you need any help or have any enquiries, etc. Book a laid- back city trip or theatre tickets directly through us.
In our spacious and comfortable bar, we have regular karaoke evenings. Enjoy a cool beer in the sun in our beer garden. Play a group game of billiards or darts. We also have some video games to entertain our guests. We also offer a rent a bike service so you can explore Berlin at your own pace.
5. TICKETS (bookings taken at reception)
- Visit the Reichstag and jump the queue! –Reichstag building und Bundestag.
Take a short tour through the Regierungsviertel (government district) and pass the queue to the Reichstag (house of parliament).
Here you can either have a talk about the chamber or you can attend a chamber meeting, visit the roof terrace and see the Reichstagskuppel (Reichstag Dome).
Duration 2 ½hrs, from 7 € per person, (inquire about dates).
- The Story of Berlin- Experience- History- Exhibition.
Experience a captivating journey through 800 years of Berlins’ history. Here you won’t just encounter dates and historic characters, but lifestyles of real Berliner’s from certain periods in history. Part of the exhibition includes a guide through an original nuclear shelter.
- DDR- Museum.
The DDR- Museum offers you a hands- on approach to the everyday life of a State long gone. Visitors are invited to expand their knowledge of its history and reconsider existing stereotypes.
- Berliner Unterwelten.
Experience the Berliner City history from an unusual perspective! Have a guide through an underground construction, e.g. Bunker and Nuclear- Shelter Tour/ along the tracks of U-Bahn line D or Humboldthain- Extreme- the epic descent into the Trümmerberg.
- Blue Man Group.
Are you Blue and accustomed to everything else?! Experience this unique assortment of concert, theatre and comedy. School classes especially love the show at the BlueMax Theater!
- Musical Visits.
Young tickets for Berlin musicals such as, “Mama Mia” or “Elizabeth”.
6. Sightseeing and Nightlife (bookings taken at reception)
- Day Trips in Berlin’s Surrounding Areas.
Experience an in depth history, visit the Memorial of the State of Saxony or spend a day in the regional capital of Brandenburg, Potsdam with its Park and Schloss Sanssouci. (Inquire about prices)
- Guided Cycling Tours (bicycle rental available from reception)
A guided bicycle tour is the best way to explore Berlin’s spacious, green and flat areas.
Entertaining and qualified cycling- guides explain the city’s history whilst showing you some of Berlin’s magnificent buildings as well as the not so beautiful ones.
The following tours are especially good for school classes:
- Mauertour, cycling distance: approx. 13km, duration: approx. 3hrs.
- Berlin im Überblick, cycling distance: approx. 17km, duration: approx. 4hrs.
- Berliner Szenebezirke, approx. 16- 18km, duration: appro. 3½hrs.
- Fritz Musictours Berlin.
Follow the tracks of Berlin’s Pop music history and visit the all important scene locations and music spots. Your Berlin music guide will show you the sites where some exciting events occurred. You will also receive plenty of background information, history and anecdotes from Stars most of which you will have not heard before.
- Boat trip on Berlin’s River
City center trip (1- or 1½ hr trip on the Spree) or a bridge trip (3hr round trip on the Spree and canal) through historic Berlin.
- DISCO- Nights
7. Distances from Hostel:
Köllnischer Park- 200m
Märkisches Museum- 200m
Treptower Park- 3km
Potsdamer Platz- 3.5km
Brandenburger Tor- 4km
8. Additional List
- Insider Tour Berlin ticket (from 10,50 €)
- BVG CityTourCard 48hr (from 15,50 €)
- Rent a bike service (10,00 € per day)
- Car parking (10,00 € per day)
- Late check out at 14.00 (7,50 €)
9. Our Security.
We have security in our hostel at night to keep the house peaceful, insuring you have an undisturbed sleep.
10. Some General Information.
- Ladies, in the event that you are an individual traveller and have booked a space in a multi- bed dorm we would like to inform you that we do offer ‘Shared Women Dorms’ if you would prefer.
- The hostel’s multi- bed rooms require full payment in advance and there is a deposit when renting bed linen (3 €) and hand towels (1 €).
- In all A&O hotel’s and hostel’s pets are allowed at an extra 5 € charge per night only in single and double bed rooms, please inquire beforehand.
- Conference rooms and technical appliances are available, please inquire beforehand.
CHECK IN 3 p.m.
Reserved rooms shall be available for occupancy from 3 p.m. on the agreed day of the client’s arrival. The client shall not be entitled to occupy the room(s) earlier than this.
CHECK OUT 10 a.m. (11 a.m. at the weekend)
On the agreed day of departure the client must vacate the room by 10 a.m. at the latest. If the client does not vacate the room by this time we shall be entitled to charge 50% of the full room rate as published in the price list until 6 p.m. for reasons of non-contractual occupation, and if the client vacates the room after 6 p.m. 100% of the full room rate will be charged. This shall not constitute any contractual claims on the part of the client.
For groups from 10 people we have special cancellation and payment conditions. Our reservation department will contact you!!!
- 8 weeks prior to arrival date free of charge
- from 55 days to 5 days prior to arrival date 50% of the agreed total price
- from 4 to 2 days prior to arrival date 75% of the agreed total price
- one day prior to arrival date 90% of the agreed total price
We will debit 50% of the agreed total price 8 weeks or less than 8 weeks before arrival from your credit card.