- 37 guest reviews
"Warm room with no Windows, only Door with no 'stay' so left to flap around in the wind. TV remote control was filthy, the worlds noisiest ex..."
"I found myself and my partner in crime stuck in reading. When I decided to use LateRooms.com and found this lovely hotel on the list, it's n..."
"Staff made this a great stay. Nice room. Little tired but a great view..."
"In its day this must have been a beautiful hotel. Someone needs to buy & refurb this place & it would be amazing..."
About the hotel
Reading Lake Hotel is truly a unique hotel, set on a spectacular 33 acre lake, situated approximately 1. 5 Miles from Junction 11, M4 and 4 Miles from the Madejski Stadium the hotel is popular with both business & leisure guests. Following the completion of a £2million refurbishment in July 2006 the 4 Star Reading Lake Hotel offers complimentary car parking and spacious accommodation, with each bedroom having their own private balcony.
Bedroom facilities include TV (pay per view), mini-bar, in-room safe and Complimentary internet access via broadband. The Waterfront Lounge and Bar is open daily until late and the Lakeside Restaurant is open daily for Breakfast and Dinner. The hotel also offers 24hour room service. All bedrooms and public areas are non-smoking.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Fitness Centre
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View) , [Channels] Music
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
49% would recommend it to a friend
Half hotel - half burnt-out shell!
I arrived to be treated to the view of the burnt out shell caused by a fire in Jan.
It is now July and no work has started nor is the it mentioned in booking information. The hotel is clearly working on a skeleton staff, presumably due to lack of business. As a result there is never anyone around to order food and drinks from during the day.
The place is like the Marie Celeste - there is more atmosphere on the moon that at this hotel. Finally my room had a shower that ran like a tap - useless. I got the distinct impression that it had been like this for a while and wasn't going to be fixed anytime soon. My advice is to wait until the much needed refurb of both the fire damaged wing and the 'tired' open wing is carried out before booking this hotel.
Warm room with no Windows, only Door with no 'stay' so left to flap around in the wind.
TV remote control was filthy, the worlds noisiest extractor fan on a par with concorde,stank of cigarette smoke. generally old and could do with the rest of the building burning down!!!