- Very Good
- 32 guest reviews
"Good location, large size room amd ensuite bathroom and comfortable bed, quiet at night despite being right in the heart of the town. Breakf..."
"Very clean, nice rooms. Received great service from the staff when checking in and out. Breakfast was okay nothing special but was a good st..."
"From the moment we arrived till we left, the hotel staff were welcoming and friendly. Couldn't do enough for you. Would definitely stay ther..."
"Lovely hotel just a real shame about the location. Didnt leave the hotel and it was like been on an iduustrial estate...."
"We stayed here for one night as a treat for my husbands birthday. The hotel was beautiful, and the food was divine. We had a very enjoyable..."
About the hotel
This grand Victorian hotel was launched in 1871 as Barrow's landmark venue. Attracting dignitaries from across the globe including Charlie Chaplin, DH Lawrence and Cary Grant, the hotel enjoyed a legendary reputation in Cumbria. In 2006 the Duke joined the Lancaster Brewery stable of hotels and over an eight year period has been refurbished from roof to cellar.
It now offers 42 lovely en-suite hotel rooms, a grand cask ale bar and a lovely cellar dining & cocktail lounge. All this plus free parking in our private car park, free wifi and free breakfast for all our guests. Located in the centre of Barrow in Furness, 100 metres from the train station, just 20 minutes from the Lake District and in very close vicinity to South Lakes Safari Zoo.
Showing Monday 6 July 2015 to Tuesday 7 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
94% would recommend it to a friend
Good location, large size room amd ensuite bathroom and comfortable bed, quiet at night despite being right in the heart of the town.
Breakfast good, poached egg was great. Worth a stay. if you are looking to stay in a larger Cumbrian town then this hotel is a good choice.
Very clean, nice rooms.
Received great service from the staff when checking in and out. Breakfast was okay nothing special but was a good stay overall.