- Very Good
- 2 guest reviews
About the hotel
Salt or" white gold" as it was formerly known is where the name of this building derives. It is the place where Bartolo the salt seller man used to live. He would sell open bags of salt by the ounce and also parafin for lamps.
The high ceilings and walls of stone embedded with inserted details in a unique and pleasant style, give an origional feel to the place. Each of the 7 rooms are furnished with beautiful original articles. The bedrooms are spacious and original. The bathrooms are comfortable and are made with strikingly original local materials, such as lava stone and terracotta, taking on strong characteristics from the Sicilian landscape. We are situated right in the historic centre of Ortigia, just a few paces from Piazza Duomo (cathedral square). This is superb starting point for a walk around in the breathtaking atmosphere of Ortigia Island. At the hotel, available to guests, there is a large, tastefully decorated living room, with a reading corner. You can re charge your energy here in comfort , before setting out on your sightseeing, which is all within easy reach. Circling "Palazzo del Sale" you can find all the most interesting sights, such as, The Fountain of Aretusa, Castle Maniace, Piazza Duomo, with its splendid cathedral and all the most important churches of the city. You can finish your day with a "sunny walk" along the Lungomare prommenade, which circles the whole island. Our hospitality offers: Satellite t. v, Air conditioning/ heating, mini-bar fridges, communal cooking space, Internet access, bicycles and sun terrace. By pre-booking only: shiatsu massage, Tourist guide
Showing Sunday 29 March 2015 to Monday 30 March 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Hairdryer in each room, Minibar in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services, Cots available, Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- Satellite TV, [Channels] Foreign (European), [Channels] Foreign (Other)
- Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 11:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for Palazzo del Sale in Siracusa are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend