- Very Good
- 124 guest reviews
"Lovely room, great staff, excellent breakfast..."
"Room small but adequate, quiet at back of hotel, porter to carry my bag, breakfast restaurant excellent, best cup of tea I've had in London..."
"I stayed one night in the hotel in a single room. Didn't try the breakfast as had to get away early. Nice room, comfortable bed. The recepti..."
"Great room and facilities, beautiful decor, air con and WiFi were a bonus, delicious breakfast, friendly and helpful staff plus the location..."
"1st class all the way comfy beds air conditioned room great breakfast..."
About the hotel
Located just off Oxford Street, The Academy is located in a peaceful yet central location in leafy Bloomsbury. A traditional townhouse hotel, originally built in 1776 with history, charm and character; each guestroom is tastefully decorated, and features iPod docking stations and flat screen TV's, for your entertainment. Enjoy Full English or Continental breakfasts in our dining room – and dinner in one of the many fantastic restaurants nearby.
During summer, take advantage of our two scenic, walled gardens or during colder days, relax in the peaceful, heated conservatory. Alternatively, in keeping with the area’s literary history, while away the hours in our small library before enjoying a drink in the sumptuous lounge. Take advantage of The Academy's ideal location – just 10 minutes’ walk from Covent Garden’s boutique shops, The West End’s notorious theatres and Soho’s bustling nightlife. We are a short walk to the tube stations of Goodge Street (Northern Line), or Tottenham Court Road (Central Line). For the Eurostar, London St Pancras is just a 5 minute taxi ride or 15 minutes’ walk for the Eurostar is just a 5 minute taxi ride or a 15 minute walk. The Academy provides easy access to all London’s major Airports. The Academy is a Grade II listed building (and, as such, does not have an elevator - all rooms are only accessible by stairs!). All guests receive a 50% discount on parking at Bloomsbury Square Car Park.
Showing Monday 31 August 2015 to Tuesday 1 September 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Minibar in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre
- In room entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Public Air Conditioning
- Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
not as expected.need to be fit to climb up to attic
The bed ceertainly seemed kingsize as opposed to queens.The bathroom,minus a bath was minute and in what seemed like a cupboard.The sink was tiny as you often find in downstairs toilets.
Bed not comfortable. On the positive side it was very convenient for the sights of London.
Great experience with excellent value
Lovely room, great staff, excellent breakfast