- Very Good
- 28 guest reviews
"We had a good time at the hotel with no hitches only drawback was the steep hill down to city centre..."
"Staff were very welcoming, toilet did not flush every time only very occasionally not sure if this was because we were on the 3rd floor but..."
"Both my partner and I had a wonderful stay at this hotel. The staff were very friendly and gave us all the information we needed about the h..."
"A lovely Hotel. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Food and drink service good. Room was very comfortable. would visit again and recommend..."
"Hotel met virtually all our needs - comfortable bed, relaxing swim, good breakfast and we also indulged in a back massage to ease the effect..."
About the hotel
Dating back to 1854, the former high school of Stirling has retained many of the original school house features including the fully working observatory at the top of the building and memorabilia from former pupils. Located in the centre of Stirling, just a stroll from the town's famous landmark Castle, this wonderful hotel has recently been upgraded with refurbished bedrooms, and a major transformation to our leisure club. We offer first class accommodation, fine dining and a traditional warm Scottish welcome.
There are 96 en-suite bedrooms have all modern facilities, with many rooms recently refurbished by award winning designers. Our well-equipped leisure club has just completed a £0. 5 million refurbishment and now includes the latest Technogym equipment, new sauna and steam room and extended health and beauty facilities. We also have an aerobics studio and squash court for the more energetic. We offer diners a choice of fine cuisine in the wood panelled Scholars Restaurant with select wines to match. The Scholars Bar adjacent to the restaurant makes the ideal meeting place for a pre-dinner drink. Please note the hotel is fully non-smoking.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Wedding Licence
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Squash Courts
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Family friendly
- Pets Allowed
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
Stirling Highland Hotel - The Hotel Collection
We had a good time at the hotel with no hitches only drawback was the steep hill down to city centre
Non flushing toilet
Staff were very welcoming, toilet did not flush every time only very occasionally not sure if this was because we were on the 3rd floor but didn't find this out until the morning we were leaving (been out the previous day).
Can't imagine we were the first to experience this. Breakfast was a bit disappointing, v busy but bacon could have been cooked a bit more at least to give it a bit of colour. No staff came to ask if we wanted tea or coffee, had to ask a staff member before we finished our breakfast . No milk came so quicker to get glass of milk from the buffet rather than bother anybody. Room was lovely though apart from toilet and great location.