This hotel doesn't have any reviews yet.
About the hotel
Piegaro is a village where you can feel the ancient air of history. Quiet and relaxing on the top of a green Umbrian hillside you can imagine the place without having seen it before and when you arrive you seen to know it and it has always been there. Passing centuries the village has certainly seen celebrities coming from Perugia or Città della Pieve: hurrying by the inhabitants met Raffaello the great artist, they heard, probably distractedly the praises of Jacopone and the prayers of San Francesco.
Hurrying distractedly, we should say because the inhabitants were busy working in the fields like other Peasants as well as in the art of glass making, following the old Phoenicians eredity. Yes, Piegaro has always been and today still is one of the most important centers of the glass industry not only Iin Umbria. Today the traditional craftsmanship has changed into industrial production and therefore also the inhabitants of Piegaro have changed attitude towards the modern logic. Nevertheless the educated and watchful visitor will not fail to notice the breath of ancient time and the rural atmosphere of the past. Passing Porta Romana you will find Palazzo Pallavicini, beautiful 18th century building, residence of the Marquis Pallavicini Principi Romani, owners of all the surrounding area. The Palace, once center of all the agricultural activities of the estate, today still recalls the ancient rooms, the wine cellar, the store rooms for olive oil and grain and the dessicating room. All wisely transformed into the kitchen and wine bar of the restaurant Mondo Antico. The noblemen’s Home over the workrooms, residence of the principi, has been reopened to the travellers and the place has come to life and magnificence again with its beautiful arabesques, with refined and splendid rooms with frescoes of the manieristic school, fascinating Trompe l’oeil and an ancient noblemen’s chapel. The ancient oil store room has been redesigned and has become a concert and congress hall for about 100 persons. The Ca’ de Principi composed of suites and rooms, provided with period furniture and ancient fixtures, offers to the interested guest the possibility to live quietly this particular and unique residence.
Showing Thursday 11 February 2016 to Friday 12 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in public areas
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Hairdryer in each room , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Business Centre , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Breakfast to go
- Outdoor Pool , Jacuzzi , Mountain Bike Hire
- In room entertainment
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Doctor on call , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
No reviews yet