- Very Good
- 1 guest reviews
"We arrived after an horrific drive through a flooded Palermo - we gave our passports to the welcoming Guiseppe who advised us that my passpo..."
About the hotel
The Locanda Re Ruggero in Monreale is a guesthouse which is as welcoming as a b&b Monreale for bed in Palermo but with fixtures worthy of a hotel. The b&b (as we prefer to call it) is beside Cathedral of Monreale, which was built after the Cappella Palatina in Palermo and the Cefalù cathedral, representing one of the highest points of Norman architecture, both in Sicily and on the mainland. With his Royal Citadel, William II, wanted to complete the dynastic plan of the Hauteville family, that had been started in Palermo and Cefalù by his grandfather Roger II by building the Cathedral of Monreale.
From the balcony of the room you have a splendid view of Palermo’s Conca d’Oro plain and you can see all of Monreale.
Showing Sunday 24 May 2015 to Monday 25 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Hairdryer in each room, Minibar in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services, Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Children's Facilities - Outdoor, Pets Allowed
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Foreign (European), [Channels] Foreign (Other), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service, Laundry/Valet Service
- Car Parking Available Offsite
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 12:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for Locanda Re Ruggero in Monreale (PA) are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
when things go wrong, you really find how helpful someone can be.
We arrived after an horrific drive through a flooded Palermo - we gave our passports to the welcoming Guiseppe who advised us that my passport was not mine .
Our last hotel had given me the wrong passport although my wife's was the correct one. Guiseppe (the owner)took the matter in hand and phoned the hotel in Massala and spent half an hour of his time talking to the hotel and then getting the manager to drive the passport quite a long distance and the other passport back . We were only staying one night but he was so kind and told us he would sort it out for us which he did - amazing service in a situation which was worrying . My passport arrived three hours later . Guiseppe had lovely people working for him and nothing was ever too much trouble . The room was large and very good value right in the centre of Monreale. I cannot rate my experience too highly - its easy when things go right but when things go wrong is the true test which Guisepe passed with flying colours.