- Very Good
- 284 guest reviews
"We checked in to a standard room in the old part of the building. Room was large, clean and perfectly furnished for our stay. Lots of parkin..."
"On arriving reception was rather to business like and very impersonal, but other staff excellent and made up for this very abrupt welcome! R..."
"Relaxing place to stay, staff was very attentive..."
"A very good location with easy access to town and amenities. A friendly welcome on arrival and helpful staff. The room was clean and spaciou..."
"The refurbished rooms were very good. The problem was there was not a double bed rather two single beds put together leaving a gap in the mi..."
About the hotel
Discover Chester's favourite venue, The Mill Hotel & Spa Destination has a waterside location within the centre of the Roman City of Chester. The Mill offers Complementary Car Parking, use of the 60ft Swimming Pool, Jacuzzi, Steam Room and State of the art Techno-gym. The Public Bar has 16 different hand-pulled beers to choose from each week and has been featured in the Good Beer Guide for the last 10 years.
The original Griffith's Corn Mill was built in c1830; the latest extention was completed in 2001 adding the south wing, which is connected with an internal bridge over the Shropshire Union Canal. The Mill has 5 different grades of rooms, from the Standard Rooms in the original Mill Building to the Spacious Club Class Rooms and very special Champagne Suite in the South Wing Building. All rooms are en-suite, have sky television and wifi. The Mill offers extensive dining options, with 5 options to wine & dine. The award wining waterside Canaletto Restaurant is open daily for lunch & dinner, serving food from both A la Carte and Table D'hote Menus. Friday & Saturdays in the Canaletto Restaurant are Dine & Dance evenings with dancing until 1. 00am. L'eaut Cuisine Broad-beam Restaurant Cruiser moored alongside the hotel sails for lunch & dinner 7 days a week. Seating upto 50 people, the vessel has a licensed bar and dance floor. There are regular special events held, including Queen Mary Crown Cruises, Cruises and Roman High Tea Cruises. The Brasserie Flambe Steak Restaurant is open Sunday - Thursday, serving a range of starters, main courses and sweets plus a selection of special Mill Flamed Coffees. The Peppermill Trattoria located on the ground floor of the south wing building ideal for a light lunch after the gym, serving a range of sandwiches, baked potatoes and salads. The Deli Bar located within the Hotels Real Ale Bar, serves a range of traditional home-made bar meals. In the tranquil surroundings of our Beauty Spa, we use only the finest Pevonia Botanica Products to provide face and body treatments for both men and women. Our retail counter stocks a comprehensive range of products, with free consultation and guidance. Further facilities include St. Tropez Ultimate Air Spray tanning booth, Hair Salon, Nail Bar and Kinesis Studio.
Showing Thursday 30 July 2015 to Friday 31 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Aerobics Studio, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Solarium, Jacuzzi, Mountain Bike Hire
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 11/08/2014 to 22/08/2014 - Please note due to resurfacing work we will have very limited car parking Mon-Fri between 11/8 and 22/8. There are numerous car parks in the near vicinity which are payable. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
96% would recommend it to a friend
We checked in to a standard room in the old part of the building.
Room was large, clean and perfectly furnished for our stay. Lots of parking spaces in the adjacent hotel carpark. We arrived at 1pm but we're able to check in an hour early without any extra cost. Checkout was 11am. Staff were friendly and helpfully gave directions to the city centre. Although it's so close you can't go wrong. We popped in to the hotel bar on our return and were again greeted by a friendly barman. Breakfast the following morning was plentiful and well managed by staff. We used the pool and spa which were very nice, but quite crowded on the day of our visit.
Would definitely recommend if staying in the area.
Very Good location
On arriving reception was rather to business like and very impersonal, but other staff excellent and made up for this very abrupt welcome.
Room and food great, location fantastic for exploring Chester.