- Very Good
- 32 guest reviews
"Arrived early evening for a two night stay. On checking in were informed there were no evening meals being served as the gas had been turned..."
"Friendly, clean hotel & food very good with plenty of choice on breakfast menu. Not easy to manage several flights of stairs with suitcase t..."
"Very friendly and helpful staff. Extremely quiet guests seemed to consider other guests...."
"Advertised as small double rooms which was correct but ideal for a base. Short walk into Chester which is lovely. Walked the city walls whic..."
"This welcoming hotel has a real touch of home about it. Perfectly situated within a ten minute walk of the centre and with its own car park..."
About the hotel
Situated in a quiet location, just outside the historic Roman walls of Chester with ample free secure onsite car parking for all rooms and complimentary fibre optic Wi-Fi in all areas; The Brookside Hotel is an exclusive privately owned 3* family run hotel with a traditional style accompanied by excellent service and hospitality. Whether it’s leisure or a corporate business stay, our individually styled bedrooms have a modern finish to suit a variety of requirements. Our bedrooms are all en-suite and include tea and coffee making facilities, flat screen TV’s and hairdryers.
Complimentary full Breakfast choice is available in the restaurant or in your room. The ‘Brook View’ Restaurant, offers an extensive menu serving traditional British cuisine and continental favorites. The bar has a wide range of wines and spirits with draft beers available. The cosy lounges and bar are an ideal place to meet fellow guests or friends where you can enjoy a pre or post dinner drink, a light snack or traditional afternoon tea. In addition you may wish to take advantage of our outside leafy garden terrace. All residents and invited guests have exclusive use of our restaurant, bar and lounges. We endeavor to make you feel at home throughout your stay and we look forward to welcoming you.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services , Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
88% would recommend it to a friend
Chester chill out
Arrived early evening for a two night stay.
On checking in were informed there were no evening meals being served as the gas had been turned off but would be back on by morning. Receptionist gave us directions to a pub serving meals about 10mins away. Before going out we went to shower only to find the towels were badly stained and very rough. Asked if they could be changed but only to find next batch were just as bad if not worse. The presentation of the room was nice and there were some nice touches included. The bed was very decorative and made up lovely, though one of the decorative pillows had a stain on which looked like dry blood. For being described as a superior/elegant room the view wasn't very nice. Having said all that overall we found the room quite nice. Bathroom didn't have enough shelving to lay out toiletries. Shower was good power shower. We weren't aware of the outside seated area until morning of leaving but it looked very nice. Dining room was very cramped on lower level. We felt we were sharing our table with the next couple. This was off putting so we decided not to eat in on our second night. Car park is described as secure parking though it is only off road parking and very tight for manouevering.
Worth a visit!
Friendly, clean hotel & food very good with plenty of choice on breakfast menu.
Not easy to manage several flights of stairs with suitcase to reach top floor rooms. Shower very small & not much space to put items on dressing table top but overall the accommodation was acceptable.