- 79 guest reviews
"Very large spacious hotel large room comfy bed very pleasant..."
"Overall very good, although expensive for what room I had. Was bank holiday and race weekend though...."
"Located close to the main city centre, although many spaces are provided parking was difficult due to other guests, only needed the room for..."
"Very friendly staff and good quality rooms and such a cheep price highly recommend..."
"This was a lovely hotel the foyer and bar area/restaurant was nicely decorated and was modern, whilst welcoming to customers. The hotel and..."
About the hotel
The Dene Hotel Chester, is an established family run hotel in an attractive setting less than one mile from the City centre. Developed and extended over several decades, the Dene Hotel has become a landmark in the suburbs of this historic city. Our friendly yet professional team prides itself on offering high service standards, while our prices reflect our ethos of giving good value for money.
All 53 rooms have en-suite facilities,and we have the ability to alter their set up to accommodate up to four adults, or a family with children. Located within a mile of both the M53 and A55, the Dene Hotel is ideally situated as both a gateway to North Wales and the rural county of Cheshire. The Dene bar offers a wide variety of bottled beers and ales along with traditional bar meals. Full English breakfasts are very competitively priced and cooked to order to make them an exceptional treat while you stay with us. The Dene Hotel has ample free car parking, allowing you to wander into the city through the village of Hoole with its many artisan boutiques and local amentities. The city centre and the railway station are less than one mile away and the hotel is located on several of Chester's frequent bus services. Chester is one of the best-preserved walled cities in England with medieval galleried streets and an extensive range of quality shops, ideal for summer strolls and Christmas bargains. The historic city of Chester is the perfect location for exploring the North West and Wales, and is home to one of Britain's finest racecourses. Snowdonia National Park is less than an hour's drive away and also within easy reach are the Peak District, the Lake District, the Fylde coast and the cities of Manchester and Liverpool. In the immediate vicinity, one can find thousands on places to visit including; Jodrell Bank, Tatton Park, Chirk and Conway Castles, Snowdon Mountain Railway, Mouldsworth Motor Museum and Erddig Hall.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Secretary Service , Translation Service , Private dining services
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room
- Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
59% would recommend it to a friend
Room was tired and shabby
This is not a harsh attack towards any staff members but I would just like to comment on my first impression of experiencing the room.
For example: dirty skirting boards, cobwebs with spiders etc, the room itself was tired and shabby as if no one had occupied it for some time. Myself and my daughter were unable to shower due to the shower head being broken but unnoticeable to the guest until the water was turned on.
Although, on a more positive note, the bedding was clean alongside the towels which were attended to and replaced every day.
All in all, I would not re-book another stay at this hotel but overall we had a pleasant weekend.
Very large spacious hotel large room comfy bed very pleasant