Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
89% would recommend it to a friend
Cracking spot for a relaxing break away
The Cotswold Water Park itself is a superb venue to start with and a great place to visit.
The hotel is an additional bonus that is clean, modern, friendly and reasonably well priced for food and drinks. The pub next to the hotel offers good food and real ale but you must book in advance if you hope to get a table at the weekend. It's easy to find and has plenty of parking. The outlook from the rooms across the reed beds and lake is stunning. Walking out and about is excellent with plenty of parking and access and there's loads of wildlife to see. Hotel rooms are a decent size. The beds are comfortable and the shower is excellent. Our room had a couple of issues with the towel rail almost hanging off the wall and the TV having barely any choice of channels or even a TV guide to access... but I'm picking up on minor points that didn't really spoil out stay. The doors are very loud when they bang shut although this didn't seem to worry the person in the next room to us when they drunkenly strolled in at 4:45 on the Sunday morning...
The room was not available until 3.20pm.
Not acceptable. The alcoholic drinks were too expensive. At breakfast, the waiter asked if we wanted tea or coffee and then disappeared. A waitress eventually took our order and apologied. The breakfast wasn't very hot and the hash browns were too hard. The staff in all departments were very professional, helpful and friendly.
Lovely relaxing easter
Love the four pillars, so relaxing
Large room, brilliant view
Room was really large and comfy, bed wide, view of lake, Ace
Only ate in the Bar a couple of times but was good
Lovely accommodation, not as rural as I expected but handy for the main roads and access.
Lovely swimming pool and I even joined an aqua aerobics class by accident. Food ok, didn't think my meal in the brasserie was anything special but decent value and my meal in the bar the 2nd night was much nicer. Breakfast was ok, lots of choice but again nothing special. Staff were all lovely. Great place for families and I felt very comfortable staying on my own and enjoyed the free wifi throughout the hotel.
Bad points - The room needed a coat of paint.
Mould around the bath. Dining area had some cobwebs around the ceiling corners. Also it needed a fresh coat of paint many scuff marks on the walls.
Good points - The spa was really clean and nice I could not fault it. Staff really friendly. Food was good at breakfast.
Ok, let's start with the positives to get myself into a vaguely good mood:- - The staff we dealt with were all great, very helpful, friendly and clearly doing all they could for their guests.
- The bar served good real ale on hand pump
- The starters in the restaurant were pretty good
- The room service breakfast was a good size
- Errrr....nope, that's it. Now to the rest of our stay. - We checked in smoothly and went to our allocated room, only to find the remnants of the last occupant's last room service order still in the room. After a call to reception, we were immediately moved to another room (an upgrade) with a lake view.
- This new room, albeit having a good view, had a broken shower head, damaged shower curtain, black mould growing out of the bath sealant and a ceiling that looked decidedly water damaged. - Later, we went to the bar and had a couple of drinks. Only to find that one of the glasses was cracked. The drink was exchanged without question but would still have expected better in the first place. - We'd booked a table in the restaurant which we were told was busy. Ok. The waitress took our order promptly and then we waited. And waited. And then waited some more. After about 30 minutes, our starters turned up (note the positive comment above). - Then we started the wait for our main course......we did notice a number of other diners actually give up the wait and leave but we stuck it out. I think it was at least half an hour after our starters had been cleared before the main course arrived. And the food, whilst acceptable, was certainly not worth the wait. - Whilst we're on with the restaurant - heating. Or lack thereof. Ok, I accept that some tables have to be near the ventilation system outlets so there can be draughts. But when the system is only blowing cold air and half of the customers are complaining and / or returning to their rooms to get jumpers and coats (as we did), you'd have thought the management might have noticed the problem - but nothing was done.
Considering the problems with the restaurant, we decided to order room service breakfast. This was almost a saving grace. It arrived on time (albeit at the very end of the requested time slot) and was a generous size. It could have been warmer but it wasn't too bad. The final saving grace though was check out. The duty manager offered us a discount because of the problems we'd had. We will not be back.
Weekend break with hubby for his birthday with no kids
I booked this weekend as a surprise for hubby's birthday the hotel was breath taking all staff were extremely professional.
On in particular went out of his way to make sure we had what we needed. His name was Harrison he really couldn't do enough. We popped in to the pub attached to hotel as it had been recommended but we were highly disappointed the second we walked in it stank of Fish there was no clean tables and m husband offer heard the bar staff saying they had to put wine into a brand glass as they had no clean glasses. The resturant was full in hotel til 930pm Harrison went out of his way to find us a place in lounge and made sure our evening was a success. He gave 150% customer service.
Relaxing anniversary weekend
Stayed at the 4 pillars hotel for a relaxing weekend break with my boyfriend for our 2 year anniversary.
The hotel was very easy to find with plenty of parking and extremely helpful staff on arrival. Our room was very spacious for a 'standard double' with a lovely bath/shower that had fantastic pressure. (Not one of those rubbish electric ones) as we arrived at 8:30pm we hadn't taken into account that our room didn't have a view of the lake. Nevertheless after a lovely breakfast (with plenty of options) we went to reception and asked if we could upgrade to a room with a view; this was no problem and only cost an extra £20. It was the most incredible view to wake up to. Absolutely stunning.
Food was lovely, and we ordered room service too which was fairly prompt even at their busier times. Fantastic mojito's and an incredible spa. Overall a fantastic stay and would definitely come back again. A point to improve on would be:
The women's changing rooms in the spa were an absolute bomb site and there didn't seem to be anyone around to pick up towels that had been strewn across the floor (found it very strange that women even did that in the first place!) and the same went for the actual spa.... Lots of slippers left lying around and nobody was around to remove these.
Other than that, thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will hopefully be back soon.