- Very Good
- 7 guest reviews
"Frankly, The Lordleaze is a perfectly acceptable Hotel in a nice rural location on the outskirts of Chard. Reception, waiting and bar staff..."
"Cosy, clean bedroom with clean en-suite. Lovely, comfortable bed too...."
"Following a very bizarre approach through housing estates we arrived and received a nice welcome. It was not overly welcoming but not cold e..."
"Good hotel in a lovely quiet location. We booked the family room which had everything we needed. The bunk-beds looked a little bit wonky - I..."
"Excellent meal highly recommended..."
About the hotel
The only AA 3 star HOTEL in Chard, bar and restaurant on site, Free wi-fi throughout, lots of free parking. Bedrooms are all ensuite with Flatscreen Digital TV The Lordleaze Hotel, once an 18th century farmhouse, is a comfortable country hotel offering the finest standards with a warm and friendly atmosphere. Ideal for both business and pleasure.
Family owned and run we are set in a secluded area on the Somerset, Dorset, Devon borders it is surrounded by natural pasture land but only three minutes away from Chard town centre. It is a perfect location for those seeking peace and tranquillity. The Olde Worlde lounge bar with its comfortable seating and real log fire has a relaxed and intimate atmosphere where you can enjoy a quiet drink or chat to fellow guests. Good quality local produce expertly cooked is the essence of our kitchen. We are also open to non residents and excel in functions with professional approach. Restaurant menu and bar meals are available 7 evenings a week - The breakfast is rather good too! The twenty five tastefully decorated bedrooms all have Free Wifi access, an en-suite bathroom, Flatscreen Digital Television, radio, telephone with modem port, tea & coffee making facilities, trouser press & iron, hairdryer and other small touches for your enjoyment. There are seven ground floor bedrooms, some with disabled facilities. All rooms are of course also available for single occupancy. The Owen family look forward to welcoming you.
Showing Tuesday 21 April 2015 to Wednesday 22 April 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, CD Player, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for The Lordleaze Hotel in Chard are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
71% would recommend it to a friend
Had stayed at The Lordleaze several times many years ago and it is basically unchanged
Frankly, The Lordleaze is a perfectly acceptable Hotel in a nice rural location on the outskirts of Chard.
Reception, waiting and bar staff all very pleasant and good at their jobs. Assuming that the hotel wants truthful feedback, I would say four things:
1) It is a little overpriced. I paid £82.00 through Laterooms - this is a £65.00 level of hotel room - 2) It is not really suited to business traveller wanting to sit and work on laptop for a couple of hours - you have to unplug the light to plug in your computer - no suitable chair. 3) My breakfast was disappointing - bacon and sausages cremated - clearly having been in the oven or under the salamander for a long long time
4) It was interesting that on checkout - I was (for the first time in ages) not asked if everything had been all right with my stay. I would have given the feedback on the breakfast if asked - but it was very clear that my opinion was not going to be sought - in fact this is the first hotel that I have used in a long time that did not have a guest's comments card, either. I think the owners do not feel the need to try all that hard, there being a shortage of hotel rooms in the vicinity - so they are often full through the supply/demand balance.
A lovely warm welcome at this cosy hotel
Cosy, clean bedroom with clean en-suite.
Lovely, comfortable bed too.