- 2 guest reviews
"a very lovely hotel, with exceptionally attentive staff, in the most beautiful surroundings... a great spa, pool etc. Food was excellent in..."
"Another wonderful stay at Bovey Castle . Stayed in a family room with my daughter and 2 grandchildren - the room was beautiful , spacious an..."
About the hotel
Bovey Castle is a throwback to the grandiose extravagance of the 1920s with the charm and opulence of that time retained through striking period furnishings and decoration. The luxury accommodation is divided between 59 bedrooms and 22 luxury lodges while the estate includes an 18 hole championship golf course event and conference facilities, the Elanspa (using Espa products) one of the most extensive selections of activities for all ages. Accommodation in the hotel includes Single Classic and Castle bedrooms each designed for single occupancy or short breaks.
The larger and more deluxe Superior Castle and Valley Castle rooms promise spectacular views of the surrounding national park and hotel estate with the River Bovey meandering through the golf course. Each suite at Bovey Castle boasts a unique layout with superior size bedrooms spacious bathrooms and uninterrupted views of the valley courtyard or first tee of the golf course. Our Junior State Family State and Grand State suites are all beautifully-appointed and finished to the highest standards of luxury and comfort. The resort team aim to ensure that our guests have everything they need to fully enjoy their stay at Bovey Castle. From lazy thrills such as making cider and sloe gin or archery to high-octane thrills such as clay pigeon shooting and quad biking. During school holidays Bovey Rangers keeps the 7-14 years olds busy with different daily activities and for the younger children the Playroom is available. Using and giving back to local food producers is integral to Bovey Castle with ingredients sourced from the moorland and coastline to create seasonally changing menus in two restaurants The Great Western & Smith's Brasserie. The quintessentially English affair that is afternoon tea retains its ceremonial glamour best enjoyed from the panoramic window seats in the Cathedral Room and Adam Room.
- Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Babysitting services, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Childrens Facilities - Indoor, Childrens Facilities - Outdoor, Pets Allowed, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite, Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Golf 18 Hole, Aerobics Studio, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Jacuzzi, Croquet, Bowls, Tennis Courts, Fishing, Quad Biking, Horse Riding, Clay Pigeon Shooting
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- 15:00 22:00
- Up to 14 years old
- 26/09/2016 to 30/03/2017 - During the Winter of 2016/17 we will be undertaking some bedroom refurbishment works but we hope to keep any disruption to a minimum. Also, there is scaffolding on the hotel at periodic times. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
A weekend break in Dartmoor
a very lovely hotel, with exceptionally attentive staff, in the most beautiful surroundings...
a great spa, pool etc. Food was excellent in both restaurants... not sure that I fully understand the need for a standard surcharge 15% though ;-)
Another wonderful Bovey experience!
Another wonderful stay at Bovey Castle .
Stayed in a family room with my daughter and 2 grandchildren - the room was beautiful , spacious and with fantastic views . Excellent lunch in the Bistro and amazing dinner in the Edwardian Room . The service was excellent - all staff really helpful and friendly and Manager really attentive . A real treat !