- Very Good
- 43 guest reviews
"Great hotel, good location, food and rooms lovely...."
"We stayed for 2 nights. It's a more contemporary décor compared to some of the big chain hotels which is nice. Our room had a large comforta..."
"Went here to stay on a reccomedation from a friend and it's nice lovely staff and hotel only faults I had with it was the bed was really har..."
"Very helpful but strange price policy. Book breakfast on arrival 10pounds..book the following day 15 pounds. Had some issues at check out as..."
"We received a warm welcome and although we were early and had only intended to drop our bags we were told the room was ready and it was no p..."
About the hotel
Located in central Edinburgh, Ten Hill Place Hotel is 10 minutes’ walk from the Royal Mile, Edinburgh Castle and other major tourist attractions. This contemporary 4 star Hotel is based in a quiet Georgian Square and offers complimentary Wi-Fi throughout all bedrooms and public spaces. Each of the 77 well-equipped and spacious rooms has a sleek bathroom, a flat-screen TV with freeview channels, personal safe, iron, ironing board, hair dryer and a hospitality tray.
Hotel beds are all king or super-king with allergy-free duvets and pillows to compliment a great night’s sleep. On the top floor, the four Sky-line rooms include an exercise bike, a mini fridge, towelling robes and slippers. No. Ten Restaurant offers an a la carte menu from 5. 00pm, which changes seasonally using locally sourced produce where possible. Hotel guests can also enjoy a drink in 10 Wine Bar, a fabulous space offering an exclusive selection of wines supplied by Corney & Barrow, spirits and locally produced beers. Light meals, snacks and sharing platters are available from midday seven days a week. The hotel is proud to have been awarded the Gold Award in Green Business Tourism and has received many other accolades including Eco Hotel of the Year 2010, Green Hotel of the Year 2012 and Edinburgh's Best Small City Hotel 2013. The hotel is owned by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and was opened in November 2006. It was created from the combination of an existing Georgian building, previously the Postgraduate Residence of the College, with a stylish yet sympathetic new development. All profits from the Hotel are invested back into The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh to provide education and assessment for medical students, surgical trainees and consultants who in turn bring life-saving and life-changing skills to all corners of the globe.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Foreign (Other) , [Channels] Music , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 01/08/2016 to 31/08/2016 - Please note: Bookings for arrival 1st - 31st August 2016 may be subject to different terms. Please check the cancellation policy prior to booking. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
Great hotel, good location, food and rooms lovely.
Nice & central
We stayed for 2 nights.
It's a more contemporary décor compared to some of the big chain hotels which is nice. Our room had a large comfortable double bed which is just what you want after walking across Edinburgh. It's a good location for the centre with just a short walk into the Old town & The Royal Mile. Breakfast was very good with a good choice of hot & cold foods. My only moan is that the restaurant is small which on the Friday morning wasn't an issue but on the Saturday there were no tables left in the main restaurant so they offered us a table in the bar area. The staff were very accommodating however it meant you had to walk through the reception area to collect your food. Most people want to make the most of their time on a city break so don't like a late breakfast. I think the hotel should make an effort to set extra tables in advance & look at what they can do to improve the service for those diners who have been 'left out in the cold' in the bar area. It has affected my rating.