- Very Good
- 21 guest reviews
"The rooms and building are looking very tired. The room itself was excellent, comfy huge bed and views out to the river and cathedral Staff..."
"Hotel was close to Cathedral and city centre, easy walking distance...."
"Lovely hotel great location friendly helpful staff..."
"Friendly and helpful staff. Excellent location within walking distance of city centre...."
"Excellent accommodation and good value. Room had very pleasant outlook and bed was very comfy. Second visit and will return again...."
About the hotel
Conveniently situated on the A3094 within a short walk to Salisbury Cathedral, offering Wi-Fi access and ample parking. The Hotel is nestled amidst 1. 5 acres of idyllic gardens by the banks of the rivers Avon and Nadder, this superb Victorian House provides effortless accessibility with an atmosphere of comfort and splendour.
Boasting stunning Cathedral views, a stylish on-site restaurant, luxury accommodation, dedicated function provision, it is the perfect place from which to explore the delights of Salisbury and the surrounding Wiltshire countryside.
Each of the 38 en-suite rooms are stylishly furnished and decorated, reflecting the traditional charm of the building’s Victorian heritage. They all come fully equipped with all the modern comforts and conveniences one would expect from a hotel of this calibre, including Wi-Fi access, satellite TV, hairdryer, trouser press and hospitality tray. There are room types to suit all kinds of traveller, from luxury four-poster beds to three-bedroom family apartments.
With award-winning vistas over Grasmere’s gardens down to the rivers and across the water meadows to Salisbury Cathedral, the stylish Conservatory Restaurant is the perfect place for indulging one’s culinary palette. Specialising in classic British cuisine with eclectic international influences, dishes are freshly prepared using locally sourced produce wherever possible. Daily and Market Day specials feature along with themed evenings that are popular with hotel residents and regular guests from the locality. The Nadder Bar provides a great spot to unwind with a quaint Wiltshire Afternoon Tea or perhaps a glass of wine (or two) in the evening.
Originally built in 1896, this charming red-brick building has been lovingly converted and extended into a private hotel. Great care has been taken to ensure that it still retains the features and atmosphere of a traditional Victorian family home. The hotel is surrounded by 1. 5 acres of mature gardens that slope down to the banks of the river. The towering beech trees and small woodland fir copse create the perfect backdrop to a peaceful and relaxing stay for both holidaymakers and business travellers alike.
Grasmere House Hotel is also a fantastic venue for corporate events and functions. The main conference suite can accommodate up to 110 delegates, whilst the River Rooms are ideally suited for board meetings, presentations and other smaller gatherings. It is not all business though; they also cater for a wide range of different events and special occasions. The hotel is licensed to host weddings and civil ceremonies and can provide a memorable indoor or outdoor setting for that most special of days.
The Grasmere House Hotel is located on the A3094 Harnham Road, on the south side of the City, just a few minute’s walk from the centre of Salisbury. Salisbury railway station is on the main London Waterloo line and is 20 minutes walk or a 7 minute taxi ride away. For those flying in, it’s a 90 minute drive from London’s Heathrow and Gatwick Airports and half an hour from Southampton and Bournemouth Airports.
The welcoming team at the Grasmere House Hotel will be happy to offer suggestions of places to visit or to assist in arranging day trips. Affectionately known as ‘The city in the countryside’, the majestic medieval city of Salisbury is one of the UK’s finest tourist destinations. Nowhere is this more evident than Salisbury Cathedral. This wonder of medieval architecture stands in the tranquil Cathedral Close, home to the award-winning Salisbury and south Wiltshire Museum, The Rifles military museum, Edward Heath’s Arundells, and the National Trust’s Mompesson House. There is also a wide variety of pubs, restaurants and tea rooms, ranging from cosmopolitan pavement cafes and stylish eateries to welcoming inns and traditional country alehouses.
Outside of the city, the hills and valleys of South Wiltshire offer a variety of charming country towns and villages as well as many heritage sites. Standing proudly on Salisbury Plain is the iconic Stonehenge, a mysterious pre-historic monument of significant cultural importance. Wiltshire is also the home of some of the grandest stately homes and gardens in the UK, including the magnificent Wilton House, Longleat Safari and Adventure Park and the splendid Broadlands Estates. All of which are easily accessible from Grasmere House Hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Babysitting services, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Business Centre, Secretary Service, Translation Service, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Croquet, Fishing, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View), [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- 14:00 23:00
- Up to 12 years old
- 10/02/2016 to 31/12/2025 - Pets are allowed on request and a £10 charge applies, guests must contact reception prior to booking to ensure room availability. Please note Only working dogs allowed in restaurant. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
95% would recommend it to a friend
The rooms and building are looking very tired.
The room itself was excellent, comfy huge bed and views out to the river and cathedral
Staff were always polite and helpful. Buffet breakfast was of very poor quality and not very hot. Room was excellent although bathroom was needed updating. Sealant round bath etc needed replacing
Grasmere House Hotel
Hotel was close to Cathedral and city centre, easy walking distance.