- 3 guest reviews
"What a lovely setting to take my wife on a surprise romantic break...."
"Everthing about our stay was super. A warm and friendly service nothing to much trouble. Just a lovely comfortable time..."
"A most enjoyable stay, very difficult to find any fault, would like to see a more rounded daily a la carte style menu,..."
About the hotel
Lewtrenchard is a Jacobean Manor tucked away in its own secret valley. Hidden away in a wooded hollow just beneath the wild tors of Dartmoor Lewtrenchard is a house virtually untouched by time. The original manor was mentioned in the Domesday Book but todays impressive Jacobean dwelling set in its own shrub filled gardens and surrounded by peaceful parkland dates from the early 1600 s.
Over the years it was home to a series of colorful characters James Gould one the earliest adventurers to trade on the Chinese mainland. Edward Gould the compulsive gambler and suspected murderer and the Reverend Sabine Baring Gould celebrated hymn writer and novelist who composed Onward Christian Soldiers at the desk that still stands in the front hall. This house steeped in history is large enough to be imposing. Yet not so grand as to be unwelcoming. Stepping over the ancient slate floor in the impressive hallway one immediately feels very much at home.
- Disabled Facilities
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Interconnecting rooms available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
What a lovely setting to take my wife on a surprise romantic break.
Probably the nicest hotel we have stayed in
Everthing about our stay was super.
A warm and friendly service nothing to much trouble. Just a lovely comfortable time