- Very Good
- 11 guest reviews
"The only negatives I have is that the TV in the room only worked on a few channels without interference. The WiFi is also very poor which wh..."
"This was a birthday treat for my wife. Booking in and room - We were welcomed by a lovely receptionist and checked in to our room. The room..."
"This is our second stay, and enjoyed the quiet location away from the town. Plenty of parking and the staff are really friendly. The room wa..."
"I booked the break away for my Mum's birthday treat. The hotel is perfectly located for touring Somerset. We spent our days visiting local t..."
"I've stayed here twice - first time I had a buffet breakfast but more recently breakfast was cooked to order. Without a doubt the best veggi..."
About the hotel
The Cleve is an elegant country house with timeless charm, a spacious feel and excellent facilities. On the edge of Wellington, the hotel affords memorable views of the Blackdown Hills and striking Somerset countryside. A gentle pace with friendly, professional service sets the tone in the hotel that is home to the Clarke family for more than twenty years.
The fantastic Body Wise fitness centre (open to over 16's only) compliments any stay to help you relax. Take advantage of the luxurious indoor pool, Sauna, steam room, spa pool and fully equiped gym. In the heart of the West Country the location is ideal for exploring Somerset and Devon. We're just two miles from the M5, giving easy access to the north and south coasts, Exmoor and the county towns and commercial hubs of Exeter and Taunton. ** PLEASE NOTE WE ARE A NO SMOKING HOTEL **
Showing Tuesday 9 February 2016 to Wednesday 10 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Solarium , Jacuzzi , Snooker/Billiards
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Pets Allowed
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
82% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely hotel with friendly staff
The only negatives I have is that the TV in the room only worked on a few channels without interference.
The WiFi is also very poor which when you are trying to work in your room is very frustrating. The hotel and it's facilities are excellent though.
Nice place, good gym with spa facilities, friendly staff but overpriced
This was a birthday treat for my wife.
Booking in and room - We were welcomed by a lovely receptionist and checked in to our room. The room was a disappointment. It was very small with an on suite shower - no bath - and smelt damp and of cigar smoke. The receptionist apologised and said that our booking showed for 3 but changed/upgraded our room with no quibble which we were grateful for. Spa - Fantastic Spa and Gym facilities. Loved it. There were no towels supplied and we used towels from our room. You also have to walk barefoot from the changing room to the pool unless you have the forethought to bring flip flops or sandals. Restaurant - We planned to dine in the restaurant that evening and studied the menu's in our room. The menus given to us at our table were not the same as read in our room which was dissappointing.
Somerset has some of the best real ales and ciders in the country and I was surprised to find the only draft on offer was a Becks pilsner and a mainline cider. The meals served were fine. Breakfast - We both enjoyed breakfast very much. Lots of choice and variety. One drawback. The toast was self service. One toaster that produced 4 slices to accommodate all. Cleve spa is a lovely place. The spa facility is great but I feel it's let down by high end room charges for a standard accommodation and restaurant experience.