- Very Good
- 7 guest reviews
"We wanted a relaxing break after a stressful year so far. This hotel gave us everything to help achieve our aim. Very nice location, Welling..."
"The only negatives I have is that the TV in the room only worked on a few channels without interference. The WiFi is also very poor which wh..."
"This was a birthday treat for my wife. Booking in and room - We were welcomed by a lovely receptionist and checked in to our room. The room..."
"This is our second stay, and enjoyed the quiet location away from the town. Plenty of parking and the staff are really friendly. The room wa..."
"I booked the break away for my Mum's birthday treat. The hotel is perfectly located for touring Somerset. We spent our days visiting local t..."
About the hotel
The Cleve is an elegant country house with timeless charm, a spacious feel and excellent facilities. On the edge of Wellington, the hotel affords memorable views of the Blackdown Hills and striking Somerset countryside. A gentle pace with friendly, professional service sets the tone in the hotel that is home to the Clarke family for more than twenty years.
The fantastic Body Wise fitness centre (open to over 16's only) compliments any stay to help you relax. Take advantage of the luxurious indoor pool, Sauna, steam room, spa pool and fully equiped gym. In the heart of the West Country the location is ideal for exploring Somerset and Devon. We're just two miles from the M5, giving easy access to the north and south coasts, Exmoor and the county towns and commercial hubs of Exeter and Taunton. ** PLEASE NOTE WE ARE A NO SMOKING HOTEL **
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Solarium , Jacuzzi , Snooker/Billiards
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Pets Allowed
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
Nice relaxing stay
We wanted a relaxing break after a stressful year so far.
This hotel gave us everything to help achieve our aim. Very nice location, Wellington is also a nice town with some good places to eat. It was nice and quiet in the spa which has a pool, sauna and Jacuzzi. Often just the two of us enjoying the facilities. Only ate at the hotel on one evening but the food was very good and drinks reasonably priced. There was a good selection for breakfast. The staff were friendly right down to the cleaners. Would use again if staying in the area.
Don't look too close
Another expression for this hotel is 'fur coat and no knickers' on initial arrival it looks ok but as soon as you step out of reception and into the room corridors the hotel is tatty and aged.
The bedroom again initially looks fine until I went into the bathroom, I think the bathroom was fitted in 1970 and hasn't been updated since. The hotel is rated as a four start hotel but it is clearly a three star at best. The breakfast was nice, the food was cooked to order. The staff are friendly and helpful. I would stay at this hotel again but if you are looking for a four star hotel with true four star credentials then look elsewhere.