- Very Good
- 32 guest reviews
"A lovely place to stay for making the most of Exeter. We had a 'Desirable' room and it was well worth the extra. The view of the cathedral w..."
"Came into hotel very late and had a rather dismissive reception from the night porter. He also blocked on my credit card an additional £50 t..."
"Needed somewhere to say between Cornwall and Somerset - nicely done refurb of the County hotel the building shows this clearly once was. Roo..."
"Very helpful receptionist who sorted me out even though I had made a mess of the booking and ended up being upgraded!..."
About the hotel
ABode Exeter enjoys a peaceful location in the heart of Exeter opposite its magnificent Cathedral. Following recent refurbishment, the hotel proudly boasts 53 contemporary styled bedrooms with the traditional values of comfort expected from such an historic property. There is plenty of opportunity to treat yourself as the hotel is home to Abode Fine Dining Restaurant, Champagne Bar, Cafe Bistro and even its own traditional tavern serving local real ale.
Group bookings constitute over 6 bedrooms and the hotel may contact you to issue a separate cancellation policy
- Disabled Facilities , Air conditioning in rooms , 24 Hour Reception , Wedding Licence , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Interconnecting rooms available , Doctor on call , Porter , Lift to all floors
- Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Mountain Bike Hire , Video/DVD Library , CD Player , CD Library , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 06/03/2013 to 31/12/2025 - Please note: Guests booking a Non-refundable rate must ensure the card used at the time of booking is presented on check in or a third party form is required prior to arrival The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
75% would recommend it to a friend
A lovely place to stay for making the most of Exeter.
We had a 'Desirable' room and it was well worth the extra. The view of the cathedral was fabulous. Proximity to shops and cafes was a real plus and its a 10 minute walk to Exeter Central station if you are planning day trips. Only negative was the breakfast so we only had it once. Expensive for what it is and it seemed to be a first come first serve as when we arrived at 9.45 a number of the bowls of fruit and yoghurt were empty so disappointing choice. We didn't have dinner in the restaurant as it's so expensive but the adjoining cafe was fine. We did enjoy our stay and would happily do a repeat visit.
Frosty reception from Night Porter but comfy room
Came into hotel very late and had a rather dismissive reception from the night porter.
He also blocked on my credit card an additional £50 to the £80 room charge (which is yet to be unblocked by the card company). Room was small but comfortable and shower was excellent. Shame about the snootiness.