- 5 guest reviews
"A step back in time in this period property in a quiet character village. You will be made to feel very welcome by your very accommodating h..."
"Very welcoming hosts, not the easiest place to find but well worth it. really good breakfast spread...."
"The bed was very comfortable and a large room in a delightful old farm house. The host was very friendly hot drinks available but not in the..."
"Had a lively welcome from dogs and owners and were made very welcome with a cup of tea and coffee. The room was clean and inviting. Made goo..."
About the hotel
The former farmhouse of Elmfield is said to have been built in 1836 and was originally the principal farm in the centre of this Saxon village. The coach houses and stables have long since been sold off as has much of the land providing much needed housing in the community. Fortunately at that time the owners extended the garden so the house now sits in an idyllic garden of about an acre – overlooking Dartmoor.
Elmfield was much admired by the late Poet Laureate, Sir John Betjeman, CBE who described as being well proportioned and close to the village square. Northlew is a quiet, friendly and much sought after village on the edge of the moor yet conveniently sited no more than 15 minutes from Okehampton (and the A30), Hatherleigh, Highampton and Inwardleigh. We offer luxury Bed and Breakfast accommodation from £30 and you can be sure that our extensive breakfast menu will set you up for a day exploring our glorious countryside, visiting the north and south coasts in both Devon and Cornwall or just relaxing with a good book in the garden. Our village inn is less than 100 yards away across the village square. We remind all guests that we have no card facilities at Elmfield and transactions therefore need to be by cash or cheque or a BACS payment.
Showing Monday 30 March 2015 to Tuesday 31 March 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Car parking available onsite, Airport Shuttle, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room facilities
- Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Pets Allowed
- Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 12:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 21/05/2014 to 31/05/2023 - We remind all guests that we have no card facilities at Elmfield and transactions therefore need to be by cash or cheque or a BACS payment. The LateRooms.com rates for Elmfield in Okehampton are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
A classic beauty.
A step back in time in this period property in a quiet character village.
You will be made to feel very welcome by your very accommodating hosts. We look forward to visiting again soon.
Very welcoming hosts, not the easiest place to find but well worth it.
really good breakfast spread.