- Very Good
- 3 guest reviews
"We spent the weekend here, and we were blown away by the menu, just absolutely fantastic. The room was spacious clean and was very comfortab..."
"Took a flyer and booked somewhere close to coast. Then realised we were dog sitting for the weekend !! Change to accommodate bringing dog no..."
About the hotel
The Shave Cross House is a Dorset flint stone building with beautiful stone floors and oak beams constructed in the same tradition as the 700 year old Inn which was once a busy stop off point for pilgrims and monastic visitors (who had their tonsures trimmed as a mark of respect while staying). This luxury boutique accommodation, is set in the grounds of the Famous and popular Shave Cross Inn, with its unique Shavers Restaurant which has been serving authentic British, Modern Caribbean and International cuisine for the past 10 years and has been awarded many accolades. The pub has also won 2 CAMRA Pub of the Year awards during this period for its real ales and ciders.
And features in Alastair Sawday’s Special places Pubs and inns of England and Wales as being in the top 10 best summer gardens, and in winter its amazing log fire and ashe’n faggot burning on the old 12th night with the Wessex Morris dancers The accommodation, comprises of 7 luxury en-suite rooms of which 3 are four poster double bedrooms, 2 doubles with sleigh beds and 2 honeymoon suite, Each room has been individually designed by the owners and furnished with luxurious fittings. All rooms are en-suite, have flat screened T. V’s hairdryers and tea making facilities. The rooms are available for daily, weekly or weekend breaks; so why not spend a romantic weekend, and enjoy the delights of the unique Shavers Restaurant. This is the one place that is very individual sitting at the end of several tortuously narrow lanes where you can get away from it all, for people wishing to unwind, relax, chill out and recover from the stresses of modern life. Situated In the centre of the beautiful Marshwood Vale West Dorset just 3 miles as the crow flies, from the World Heritage Jurassic Coast and in a true part of Hardys Dorset and defiantly ‘Far from the Madding Crowd’ 2013 Visit Britain 5* Award And 2013 AA 5* And Highly Commended Restaurant Award And Breakfast Award. 2008 Taste Of The West Gold Awards 2008 Dining Pub Of The Year. Well Behaved Dogs Accepted But Not In The Restaurant. The restaurant and bar are closed on Mondays, except Bank Holiday Mondays. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Smoking allowed in public areas, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Interconnecting rooms available, Childrens Facilities - Outdoor, Pets Allowed, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar
- Snooker/Billiards, [Channels] News, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- 18:00 22:00
- Up to 16 years old
- 27/03/2013 to 31/03/2021 - The restaurant and bar are closed on Mondays, except Bank Holiday Mondays. Sorry for the inconvenience. A £50 deposit is required when you book one room to secure your booking. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
67% would recommend it to a friend
Not good value for money
This is not a AA 5 star accommodation as claimed.
There is no one available between 15.00 and 18.00. I took the time to make contact to understand why we could not check in until 18.00 and was told we could check in if we arrived before 15.00. We arrived, bearing in mind Shave Cross is located down narrow lanes in the middle of nowhere, at 14.20 and found the place locked up. We called the number we had, it diverted and was not answered, so we had to leave and come back later. The accommodation block is not insulated; we could hear everything the people in the room next to us said and every movement made by the people above us.
The restaurant area for breakfast was dusty and had cobwebs. The second mornings breakfast was like fawlty towers. I would not recommend this place.
Absolutely excellent on all levels, I wouldn't have changed a thing
We spent the weekend here, and we were blown away by the menu, just absolutely fantastic.
The room was spacious clean and was very comfortable. The staff were very accomadating and friendly and the property is beautiful. We will most certainly be back to the nicest place I think we have probably ever stayed