- 3 guest reviews
"Very friendly hosts in a beautiful setting with excellent food. Perfect...."
"This is the 3rd time my family has stayed here as we have a relative living in the village and still cannot fault anything about our stay. W..."
"My family came to stay and we all had different requirements due to our disabilities. My mum and dad were made to feel very comfortable and..."
About the hotel
The Talbot Inn is a traditional yet stylish coaching inn located in the heart of the historic village of Mells, 5 minutes from Frome in some of Somerset’s most stunning countryside. Two hours from London by car or train and 20 minutes from Bath, The Talbot offers great food in a classic pub environment with all the comforts of a smart hotel, but at bed and breakfast prices. There is a main bar, snug, courtyard and map rooms which are all open every day for food and drink.
Upstairs there are 8 bedrooms, two with annexed rooms. Separated by a pretty courtyard is the 500 year old Sitting Room, Coach House Grill Room and a garden.
Showing Tuesday 28 July 2015 to Wednesday 29 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Video/DVD Library, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled toilets on ground floor
- Horse Riding, Clay Pigeon Shooting
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Very friendly hosts in a beautiful setting with excellent food.
Again a relaxing stay
This is the 3rd time my family has stayed here as we have a relative living in the village and still cannot fault anything about our stay.
We have seen the Talbot Inn change hands over 30 years and totally changed for the better. The staff really make the effort to make your stay a good one and the rooms again were spotless. Hot water on tap and toilets work perfectly. There is also a sitting room for you to sit in which is really nice with a medieval modern twist. Plenty of tables to dine at for dinner and breakfast.