- 11 guest reviews
"I found everything pretty clean and tidy, except that the glass table top was cracked and I had to rewash a mug which had a dried ring aroun..."
"We had a great time. The Lodge doesn't serve food, but that was fine as basically we just wanted somewhere to sleep. The housekeeper met us..."
"Althought we had no complaints whatsoever, it was strange to stay somewhere where we didn't get to see any staff at any point!..."
"The help and service provided was excellent. Thank you to Cheryl and Clive for going out of your way to make our stay amazing..."
"Very quiet as hotel is for sale and just ticking over. One member of staff on hand to let us in. Very polite and helpful. We were able to us..."
About the hotel
Please note this property is classified as basic budget hotel and the room rental rate reflects this accordingly. Set in the picturesque village of Malborough, The Lodge is positioned between the coastal resorts of Salcombe and Hope Cove, known for their beaches, coastal paths and scenic views. Free on-site parking is provided, as well as a garden with sun loungers.
Check-in from 2pm - 7pm After booking and payment will receive a second email confirming your bedroom allocation and access code details, please ensure you have these details before travelling If you are booking for SAME DAY ARRIVAL you will need to contact the housekeeper for the property and pay on arrival) We provide a generous self-service continental breakfast but we do not provide lunch or dinner however there are two pubs in the village both of which serve great food all day. Each of the en-suite rooms are comfortable and well-appointed and they include free Wi-Fi access, flat-screen TV with Sky Channels, tea & coffee making facilities. Hope Cove and Salcombe can both be reached within a 10-minute drive, the latter of which lies within the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Guests can enjoy pleasure sailing, yachting and hiking in these areas.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 11/10/2012 to 31/12/2021 - The Lodge operates on a self-service basis. Prior to arrival, guests will be provide with all the necessary information to access their accomodation. Please note guests can not check in after 10PM. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
64% would recommend it to a friend
I would certainly come back
I found everything pretty clean and tidy, except that the glass table top was cracked and I had to rewash a mug which had a dried ring around the bottom, but nothing serious.
I dripped a bit of water on the table from the kettle and it through the crack of the glass. In my effort to dry up the water, the glass cracked even further. This could have been an unpleasant accident. I consider these very minor and felt that the accommodation in all was very adequate.
Might as well have been a night in a haunted house
Upon arrival the lodge we rang on the door for 5 minutes to find no answer but the door unlocked, walking in it looked quite nice and clean and thought maybe the owners we in another room.
Searching around we found no one. Just a number of rooms with keys in the doors. After about half an hour of waiting and my partner starting to get worried I made the decision of just picking a random room and staying in it. The rooms were small but decorative. Slightly old fashioned with outdated shower and sink etc, the bed was comfy and can't really complain about the actual building. In the morning once again nobody was in the building. Quite scary place to be. We went around the lodge expecting to be able to order breakfast but once again you guessed it, nobody there, we finally have up and went to for a walk to a pub called the old inn for breakfast ( I would recommend this place, much friendlier atmosphere). We spent two nights at the lodge and were happy to get going out of the lodge ASAP. Do not recommend unless you like super privacy.