- Very Good
- 9 guest reviews
"Very beautiful location, staff were very professional and helpful. Good value for money with a lovely room...."
"On arrival met by very friendly staff, shown to room. Discovered that the hotel is pro dog (not an issue) other than room was a little doggi..."
"It is a very, very nice hotel in Dartmoor. Beautiful room, very good bed, clean, beautiful bathroom with bath and shower and a very friendly..."
"We enjoyed our stay very much and wouldn't hesitate to make a return visit..."
"Booked a double room and had two singles pushed and made up together, sadly felt lump however the view and location very beautiful. Only one..."
About the hotel
Escape to Dartmoor. Immerse yourself in the wild glory of Devon’s own Dartmoor National Park, whilst soaking up the hospitality, comfort and warmth for which the Mill End Hotel and Restaurant is renowned. Perched on the banks of the majestic River Teign, on the outskirts of the ancient moorland stannary town of Chagford, Mill End is a perfect country hotel for a break on Dartmoor.
Miles of local walks, great fishing right outside, and the spectacular high moors just a short drive away. The cathedral city of Exeter is less than 25 minutes away, and Devon's coasts are also within easy reach. Relax with a cream tea in the hotel's spacious gardens, or put your feet up in front of a crackling log fire. Perfect peace and relaxation. The hotel's restaurant offers breakfast, lunch and evening meals. In the evening, the hotel offers a flexible and well-priced menu - everything from a simple (but excellent) steak to a full three-course meal. Either way, the emphasis is on local, seasonal produce, prepared with care and presented with care. The hotel offers free parking right outside, and complimentary wi-fi in most of the public areas (also available in some rooms). Dogs are welcome at Mill End, and a small charge of £8 per dog, per night, applies.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Croquet , Fishing
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
89% would recommend it to a friend
Retreat in the country
Very beautiful location, staff were very professional and helpful.
Good value for money with a lovely room.
Good sized room, excellent attentive staff. Great for dog lovers
On arrival met by very friendly staff, shown to room.
Discovered that the hotel is pro dog (not an issue) other than room was a little doggie in aroma. This was quickly rectified with a new room, all sorted. Meal in restaurant very nice and good choice.
Very quiet location and environment. Would recmmend