- Very Good
- 29 guest reviews
"We were really pleased with this hotel, the room was lovely, clean and cosy, and the bathroom was nice too. Its location was perfect for us..."
"A great find and highly recommended. Will stay there again...."
"This is really a pub with rooms, an old style Inn with bags of character. The staff are friendly and efficient and the breakfast is good. Th..."
"Thoroughly enjoyed our stay in City Gate Hotel Exeter, friendly staff could not do enough for us. Well situated for town, trains and buses,..."
"Great, location and easy to find from the station. The accommodation was good. A minor criticism would be the decor was a little tired, stai..."
About the hotel
In the heart of Exeter, The City Gate offers modern rooms, free Wi-Fi and a beer garden. Exeter Central Station is nearby and the M5 motorway is within easy reach. Each en suite room at The City Gate Hotel features a TV, tea/coffee and air conditioning.
A Full English Breakfast is included in the rate, unless Room only. The City Gate Hotel features real ales and a traditional food menu, using fine local produce. Guests can dine either in the restaurant, main bar area, the spacious conservatory or even our fantastic garden.
Showing Tuesday 28 July 2015 to Wednesday 29 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Pets Allowed
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Public Air Conditioning
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
90% would recommend it to a friend
The City Gate Hotel, Iron Bridge, Exeter
We were really pleased with this hotel, the room was lovely, clean and cosy, and the bathroom was nice too.
Its location was perfect for us to go shopping and out for a meal. It also had a lovely courtyard to have an evening drink in. The manager told us on leaving that it was due to undergo an expensive refurbishment, in my opinion, that is not necessary, it is lovely just the way it is.
A great find and highly recommended.
Will stay there again.