- Very Good
- 5 guest reviews
"TV in room too small, thats it...."
"Very nicely converted pub, food very high quality and staff accommodating and friendly...."
"Late booking as a last minute break. Room itself was lovely - clean and comfortable. Our room was disabled (neither of us are disabled), so..."
"We found The Kings Arms to be very relaxing, clean with friendly & helpful staff. Excellent food...."
"Great place to stay very friendly staff and food very nice, the only thing we can put as a negative is our room was very warm. Sherborne is..."
About the hotel
Nestling in the pretty village of Charlton Horethorne, the Kings Arms reopened on March 11th 2009. Welcoming, cosy, lovely garden, good home cooked food, attractive comfortable accommodation. We take pride in everything we do, in every pint we pull, in every dish that leaves our kitchen and in the way we present every room to our guests.
Warm in winter with log fires. Cool in summer on the terrace next to the croquet lawn. Quintessentially English. The Kings Arms country pub and hotel is in the centre of Charlton Horethorne just in Somerset but only a couple miles from the border with Dorset, and three miles from Sherborne, Wincanton and the A303. It is owned and managed by Sarah and Tony Lethbridge who bought it in 2007 and have completely refurbished the building from cellar to loft – keeping the atmosphere of a traditional pub but adding all the comfort, convenience and facilities of the 21st century. The imposing façade of the Edwardian building has been retained but behind it everything has changed. The main bar, the snug and the small restaurant offer a traditional welcome with good English oak floors in the snug and the small restaurant and real slate in the main bar. And behind the bars and through the atrium there is the newly built main restaurant decorated in strong warm stripes of crimson, red and purple. Outside, the large garden terrace takes full advantage of the rural landscape sitting just below the Cleeve, as the hills behind the pub are locally known, and well away from the road, popular with walkers and perfect for a tranquil break from the city. The croquet lawn beside the terrace provides entertainment for onlookers and sport for those cracking the mallets!
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Air conditioning in rooms , Cots available , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room , Wake Up Call Available , Interconnecting rooms available , Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 03:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
TV in room too small, thats it.
The Kings Arms
Very nicely converted pub, food very high quality and staff accommodating and friendly.