- Very Good
- 10 guest reviews
"Exceptional hotel, the rooms are divine..."
"Smack in centre of town , shops and eateries . Lovely hotel although slightly shabby with threadbare carpets and bubbling paintwork in the b..."
"Excellent hotel, probably best hotel ever stayed in. Great location. Reception quirky with desk rather than counter and lady on reception co..."
"The hotel public areas were very modern and well presented. The room (superior double) was of a decent size, however we were overlooked by o..."
"Had a lovely stay. Food was very good staff very friendly. Room big shower great...."
About the hotel
Welcome to The Grosvenor Arms – the heartbeat of the famous Dorset town of Shaftesbury and is located at an only couple of minutes walk from Shaftesbury Abbey . We recently restored The Grosvenor Arms many original architectural and design features have been restored, and a whole new philosophy has been introduced. We are focused on the highest levels of hospitality; on playing a full role in the local community, and on supporting and encouraging local suppliers.
There are 16 bedrooms at The Grosvenor Arms in Dorset. All rooms feature tea and coffee facilities, flat-screen TV and free Wi-Fi. Public parking is available in a location close to the hotel and is free of charge. Choose from: cosy double, spacious double, deluxe double, junior suite or suite – each one is beautifully appointed and furnished, decorated in a style appropriate to one of Shaftesbury’s oldest inns, but complete with the modern facilities you expect. There are five different areas to the Grosvenor restaurant – the main dining area, two smaller seating areas, and the pizza/delicatessen area for less formal occasions and the conservatory and courtyard for alfresco dining. There is a wood-burning oven where you can see your pizza or shoulder of pork being cooked. The bar at The Grosvenor Arms in Shaftesbury is open all day. There is an open fireplace, comfortable, aged leather seating and wood-panelled walls, in a large, flexible area overlooking the courtyard.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Doctor on call
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Can't wait to return
Exceptional hotel, the rooms are divine
Smack in centre of town , shops and eateries .
Lovely hotel although slightly shabby with threadbare carpets and bubbling paintwork in the bathroom but aside from that nothing to criticise. Breakfast service and quality was great . We did however , receive an overnight parking fine because as far as I'm concerned, the lass on reception did not make it crystal clear ( she may have , in her mind , so maybe our mistake) that we MUST park behind the co-op and not on the other side . ... We had a Grosvenor parking permit on the dash board so council could have given them a call to warn us we were on the wrong side but no . Can't comment on food as we didn't have any aside from breakfast ... Bit pricey we thought so ate out . Late night revellers were noisy but all in all would stay again without a doubt.