- Very Good
- 141 guest reviews
"The Hotel was in a handy location and as parking was included we left the car and hopped on the buses which ran right past the door. The roo..."
"The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was very disappointing as the bed was very hard, additionally there was a generator/air c..."
"Very friendly,polite and helpful staff. Our room was very large and roomy. It had a fridge which was very useful. Towels changed everyday. L..."
"Our room was a very good size with shower and bath ensuite. The décor was a little tired but it was clean. The staff were friendly, polite,..."
"Genuine mistake in booking the room for the day we were booking and not for the following evening. Couldn't cancel as it was 6.30 in the eve..."
About the hotel
The Wessex Hotel is situated in its own grounds on the prestigious West Cliff of Bournemouth and is only five minutes from the town centre, Bournemouth International Centre, and the award-winning blue flag beaches. The attractive seaside town of Bournemouth has so much to offer - golden sandy beaches, great shopping and a wide range of bars, restaurants, and nightclubs.
The modern spacious lounge, bar and reception areas provide the ideal place to relax and unwind, complemented by the Lulworth Restaurant offering an appetizing dinner menu and extensive wine list.
The hotel has 109 en-suite bedrooms including standard, premier rooms, family bedrooms along with twenty-four premier rooms that accommodate up to two adults and two children.
All our guests can enjoy the Heated Indoor and Outdoor Swimming Pools, Gym, Sauna and Steam Bath of the nearby Wessex Hotel’s Leisure Club. That’s an experience not to be missed! You can get passes from our Reception (maximum of 10 at a time) and visit the Leisure Club anytime from 7:30am to 11:00pm, 7 days a week. The cost is only £5 per person (payable at the Wessex Hotel’s Leisure Club Reception), which grants you access to all the facilities for a full day! Pre-booking is not required. The beautiful New Forest and spectacular Jurassic Coast both make for great days out with plenty to see and do for all ages! Please be advised that the hotel does not accept single sex parties. Bournemouth Central railway station is 2. 2 miles and Bournemouth International Airport is 7. 4 miles away.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Outdoor Pool , Sauna , Steam Rooms
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 22/03/2013 to 31/12/2022 - Please be aware for bookings of 6 rooms or more additional terms will apply to your reservation. Pets must be pre-booked prior to arrival and are not allowed in Superior rooms, only in standard rooms The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
73% would recommend it to a friend
A good experience
The Hotel was in a handy location and as parking was included we left the car and hopped on the buses which ran right past the door.
The room was large and quiet. Lots of choice for breakfast.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
The room was very disappointing as the bed was very hard, additionally there was a generator/air conditioning unit outside of the room which kept coming on overnight. These 2 facts led to a very disturbed night's sleep. Outside of the room were old matresses and beds which did not give a good impression of the hotel, which to be honest was in need of redecorating throughout. The breakfast was reasonable but luke warm rather than hot.