- Very Good
- 207 guest reviews
"Good value for money...."
"perfect. we love it. fantastic prices..."
"A beautiful building in side and out and in a wonderful location. Staff were friendly and efficient. Polite and couldn't do enough for you...."
"No Breakfast as advertised and No TV in room..."
"Very good receptionist evening and morning. Good value for money......"
About the hotel
The Duke of Wellington first opened in 1820 as a traditional coaching inn and posting house. The hotel is a main focal point of Wellington Square and the town centre of Minehead – a bustling seaside town, with attractions to suit a large range of people. It is home to West Somerset Railway, running several steam trains throughout the day, over the summer period.
Minehead is also famously home to the family amusement park Butlins, where any of our guests could visit, after purchasing a day’s pass. Minehead is on the north coast of Somerset, boasting some fabulous sea views. It is also known as ‘The Gateway to Exmoor’, as it is nestled in the centre of Exmoor National Park. Please note -The Lloyds No. 1 music venue is on the side of the hotel and open until 2. 30am on a Friday and Saturday. Some rooms may experience a degree of noise from the Lloyds No. 1 bar. If you would prefer a quieter room, please advise, when making your reservation, however subject to availability. Sofa beds in the family rooms are suitable up to the ages of 14. Please note if you or any of your party damage any bedding/linen we reserve the right to charge you £50. 00 for specialist cleaning.
Showing Sunday 7 February 2016 to Monday 8 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Car Parking Available Offsite
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 25/04/2015 to 25/04/2016 - Hotel will call future guest to confirm card details and reservation. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
Duke of Wellington- a JD Wetherspoon Hotel
Good value for money.
at the hear of minehead
we love it. fantastic prices