- Very Good
- 15 guest reviews
"Great location, great food, great staff & at times available at very competitive rates - whats not to like....."
"Great stay in this olde world building that has been updated very sympathetically. Room was excellent (as long as you can manage several fli..."
"From check in to check out this hotel ticked all the boxes and more...."
"Excellent hotel and service...."
"Had a lovely 2 night stay here at this wonderful hotel. Staff were very friendly. Our room had lovely views across the river. Food was wonde..."
About the hotel
Dartmouth with its cobbled streets, intriguing shops and world famous restaurants and bars make for a magical stay any time of the year. The award winning 17th Century Royal Castle Hotel in Dartmouth is privately owned and perfectly located in the very heart of Dartmouth overlooking the harbour and romantic River Dart. We provide a fantastic base from which to experience this amazing part of South Devon.
Each of our twenty five unique bedrooms possesses those finishing touches that we hope will make your stay a very memorable one. All our bedrooms have en suite bathroom or shower, telephone, tea and coffee making facilities along with flat screen television and radio. Please note however that all bedrooms start on the second floor and unfortunately we do not have a lift. All the rooms are non-smoking. The Royal Castle Hotel has a river view, stylish and relaxed "Grill Room" restaurant with delicious food made from the best and freshest local produce. We offer two bars: our contemporary Harbour bar and our more traditional Galleon bar. Both have real open log fires burning in the winter.
Showing Thursday 30 July 2015 to Friday 31 July 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services, Cots available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Doctor on call, Porter
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Satellite TV, Games Console, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- Car Parking Available Offsite, Valet Parking, Park and Ride
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
100% would recommend it to a friend
Quaint & as English as it gets.
Great location, great food, great staff & at times available at very competitive rates - whats not to like..
Great stay in this olde world building that has been updated very sympathetically.
Room was excellent (as long as you can manage several flights of stairs) spacious, well-equipped and stylish. Breakfasts are superb, with everything from fresh fruit to kippers and hogs pudding.Two options on bars, contemporary or traditional; the latter had three excellent cask ales, including Dartmoor Jail Ale. This hotel has been run for thirty years by the family owners and it was very impressive to have the owner himself serving breakfast on a couple of mornings and engaging actively with us and other guests - a really nice touch. Valet parking worked well and there are some terrific coastal walks straight from the hotel, aided by the three ferry options across the Dart, so we hardly used the car.